Anybody in the Beaumont, Texas area??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.marklowimagery.com
Is there anyone in my area on this forum, or am I the only Cruiser head around here? It sure would be cool to be able to hook up and perhaps get some type of group together to go wheeling. I know alot of great places around here and on up into deep East Texas. If so, PM me or email me so we can get together.

I'm in Cypress and would like to get my feet wet in the LX on some easy trails. I need to get tires first thoug :( I don't think I'll be going very far on LTX M+S's :doh:

Mark:

I'll be heading your way Nov 2-8 for a hunting trip outside San Antonio.....

[quote author=tabraha link=board=2;threadid=5609;start=msg44276#msg44276 date=1064368890]
I'm in Cypress and would like to get my feet wet in the LX on some easy trails. I need to get tires first thoug :( I don't think I'll be going very far on LTX M+S's :doh:
[/quote]

Cool... Whenever you get ready, let me know and we can do some light trails, nothing to serious and let you get your tires muddy, You would be surprised as to the places you can go if you pay attention. I ran the same tires for the first 60K and they did not do that bad. I went through two sets of BFG A/T's, 275's, then 285's and now as of last week I am running BFG MT 305's. Haven't had them off road yet but this weekend we are going up to Sabine County on Toledo Bend so I will see how well they perform over the A/T's.

Just keep in touch and mabe sometime we can get together. Where exactly is Cypress is relation to Beaumont? What are some of the nearby towns?

[quote author=bkgiii link=board=2;threadid=5609;start=msg44455#msg44455 date=1064421881]
Mark:

I'll be heading your way Nov 2-8 for a hunting trip outside San Antonio.....
[/quotHey... San Antonio is about 400 miles west of Beaumont and I figure you are going to be west of San Antonio on a lease. Its really great country out there and some pretty tough terrain. Just look out for those thorne bushes. They will get you every time. When we go out there, we put some of that green slime inside of the tires to help protect against punctures.

If you ever get further over this way into south East Tx. let me know. Have a great hunt...[/quote]

Imagery,

Cypress is 112.5 miles west of Beaumont. :D

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=beaumont%2C+tx&country=us&tcsz=cypress%2C+tx&tcountry=us&oerr=3005

"Tenaha, Timpson, Bobo, and Blair"

http://www.texasescapes.com/DEPARTM...istorical/TenahaTimpsonBoboBlairTx1AMD101.htm

-B-

(Re)Born in the county seat of Shelby county, raised in East Texas (yes Matilda, there *is* a difference) and went to school in Beaumont. Spent hundreds and hundreds of hours drowning worms in T-Bend (and Dam B, and Rayburn, and ... I digress.)

Um I just moved to Texas (Waco) and realize I may not be that close but if you're ever doing anything somewhat near let me know I'd love to get to do some trails with people that know of some places it's killin me!

I am in Waco for school. I know of a trail, still have to see it but my friend went with a lifted/locked heep and said it was good times. I will probably scout it out with in a few weeks. From what I heard its too much for my stock 99 after a good rain, but probably a fun trail when its dry.

-Matt

Let me know if you're gonna go check that out some time I'm in school at Baylor here I've got a '96 I'd like to go see it...

-Matt

I'm in Dallas but own some property NE of Crockett which is between us (probably closer to me - takes me 2.5 hours to get there maybe the same from your beautiful mountain area). Its inside the Davy Crockett National Forest and there are hundreds of trails. I'm sure there are great trails all over East Texas. We should get a group together and hook up after some heavy rains and go get into trouble. :D

The only problem with Texas is that more often than not you have to travel long distances to see your fellow Texans.

I am very interested, I tend to wheel on some land that is questionable as to if its legal ::) My friends have deer leases, but they keep saying I can't mud on them...punks!

-Matt

I know what you mean. I grew up in Deep East Teaxs, Sabine County, and I started out on a mini bike and rode down every logging road, dirt road etc all the way up until I started driving. I drove a 2wd Chevy Silverado and just ran mud grips on the back and used the M/S tires in the front for steering. I covered every area and feel like it is my home. Then they come up with this "TYPE 2" hunting leases which is owned by the Govenrment. I still ride those roads and the everchanging ones that I find, and as long as there are no "REAL VISIBLE" signs, if you are just tak8ing it easy and basically treading lightly, if someone approaches you, just play dumb and innocent. Chances are that I know someone who knows someone who knows them and everything is cool. Just appologize and make your way down the road. Now if you have guns, huntin'g dogs etc, they are going to be pissed. No big deal though up there, it is beautiful country and there are endless trails and roads to explore. Most of the time the new ones you find wind up deadending and you have to backtrack but I know a couple of all day runs with camp in between and we just circle around and never have to backtrack.

If you like to go "Mud Hoggin' " , I know some places that are pretty tough especially a few days after it rains. I used to like to do that and I still find myself wanting to test my luck by going through the same hole ever wich way, but that is what will piss someone off if they catch you on their lease.
Anyway, we should all try to get together and build a group to start wheeling together.

I was obviously waiting to get at least A/T's before I went anywhere so after tomorrow I should be ready to rock n' roll! At least get me a little more stuck with now. :) I would have been worried on wet grass with the bald LTX's that I inherited when I bought this thing! Let's start planning something :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom