Anybody here have a Demello bumper on a G2 Tundra / Sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
Badass looking bumper

Yeah, I’m not 100% in love but it is an armor bumper I can do a little rework (OK, alot) - shipping in bare steel so I can double-up & gusset the skin & wings.

It’s no Slee being 1/8” skin, so IDK - I may get it & rip it apart & hit my plasma torch & double most the body thickness. IDK.

I have reservations since it’s essentially ARB build-thickness, and the only reason I keep an ARB on the 80 is the hoop & it holds a M12K.

If Slee did a Tundra bumper, I’m 99% sure it would have joined my Tundra sliders.

I may “change my tune” when freight drops it off in a couple weeks :meh:

Did you look at MetalTech's Tundra bumper?

Looked early on, but still not seeing any early G2 Tundra bumper today.

Am I just that dumb on the netz?

@CreeperSleeper / Chad

OK -yep, saw that one. Mine’s a 2012 & seems ~’14 was a cutoff year / facelift headlights & under them.

So I’m not an expert but it seems there’s ‘early G2’ & ‘late G2’ when the headlights changed in ~’14.

Or so I’ve been told / deduced from all the catalog PN#’s for the Tundra.

The only early G2 Tundra wearing all the facelift parts I know of is that custom Tundra that Just Differentials built (red crewcab, with the extended cab box, stretched frame ~12-16”).
Prob a bolt-on affair, but I’m not into doing the facelift parts.

the demello is better looking and $600 cheaper

So here’s a update:
I was supposed to have a bumper in hand anything before ~June 10.
Didn’t happen as their laser/plasma guy ate crap.

:::But:::

So I called on Mon the 4th (was something like lunch/afternoon).
We hammered out the fact my bumper was in limbo due to material cutting, so we were just looking for a stop-gap solution.
They have a welder Cy who listened to my issues since my mirrors (other thread) - and all my prep is for a fishing trip I take to AK via a stop in Canada in a little hole-in-the-wall. But it’s a drive through the border/BC/Yukon/into AK.

What I got based on my request & knowing I don’t need a bumper skin crossing the border was this:

What you’re looking at may not seem like much - but it’s 100% as I asked from them. It’ll hold my winch & it’s just stitch-welded if I need bend anything or whatever between install & winch mounting.

And I got it some ~72hrs from making the solution to when it landed via the UPS carrier.

Jason (the owner) - stated I should see a bumper before my 2nd/last fish trip up the same route at the very tail of July or early single-digit days of August, so I can live with going skinless bumper up front for ~2mo.

Both he & esp his welder Cy get props from me - Cy did exactly as I asked since I wasn’t sure on fit between the frame horns or me trying to stuff a Zeon 10K into it.

I’ll add pics as it gets a mounting & wears my winch, then down the line once I get the real bumper.
(Well, maybe - I’m on a clock & may just add a pic down the road of my junk mounted & back from trip #1. I don’t want to lie & overpromise some stupid internet pics nobody cares about anyhow) — we’ll see.

But to me the huge takeaway so far is that without a real bumper as a reality, I had a solution from them within some 3 business days so I can make my leave date of the 20th with a wired winch up front.

IDK who all is employed but Tiff & Sam are honest gals in the office/phones, and Jason shoots straight when you can catch him - and his MVP Cy is a dude who earns his $$$, for real.
The tack/stitch welds were 100% as I asked for, he listened & produced in pretty record time for a product we were just trying to make a stop-gap piece for until we get a real complete bumper in hand to replace with.

So far, they are still a standup company & while the economy is booming/laser guy is the reason for the fault - I’m still a fan of Jason’s company as it currently stands. He’s good people ATM.

Looking forward to giving him even better feedback once I see a completed bumper in front of my shop, that’s going to be the ‘proof in the pudding’ - so the saying goes.

Stay tuned........

Last edited:
I should have updated this a few weeks back, forgot to.

So back from trip, my temp winch carrier was used once (so earned its’ keep).

Demello dropped my new bumper at my buddies shop Mid-July & I was decently surprised at the welds & overall build.

I’d realized on my trip the only reason I’m adding a bumper is for the winch - and that use is only going to be for loading my boat and trying to climb some of the “improvised boat launches” we do.

So while you can launch & back down empty to retrieve, a wet boat and climbing out from wherever you dropped in may require finding a close tree to help get up & out.

So bumper is at the powdercoater right now, and for the record a Warn Zeon will fit **just barely** without the solenoid relocation. That was a nice surprise.

Next update should be once I know what lights will get stuffed in the bumper & shots of it all on the Tundra.

Last edited:
Next update should be once I know what lights will get stuffed in the bumper & shots of it all on the Tundra.

any updates yet...we're still waiting for pics ;)

any updates yet...we're still waiting for pics ;)

Haha, the **only** missing parts ATM is the dash switches for the 4” round lights in the bumper.

I realized my current fender flares (IDK if they were OE for Rock Warrior trucks or aftermarket) - anybody know?
—Anyhow, I had to buy a set of Buskwhacker flares & send them out for paint inbetween my last thread post & now, but they are waiting and finished as I was ultra-focused on my boat work with the lack of screen time from the concussion deal.

—Anyhow, expect pics of my full install within the next ~2wks as now my boat is done with my part and sitting at the shop getting a brand new top sewn up for this season. Woohooo!
—No more fighting the old junk snaps & zippers that were jacked & missing some teeth!

—Tundra will have the loaded bumper & some “glamor shots” right quick, plus a set of flares will be FS with my old black bumper if anybody wants to do a setup like my pics show my truck currently- all 4 flares & the bumper will be FS when I do update this thread, since all will be off & flares cleaned/repacked in the box my newer ones came in.

-stay tuned -

Productive / “poo-ductive” weekend.

My bumper is installed- but I have a heavy machinery shop I use — and needed some of my stuff to make this fit.

Just a warning. I know my frame was factory straight - but those knuckles I’ll give pics of as installed needed hard ‘sideload’ to make it center.

It also took a good sized sledge, a 6”vise on a 3/4” table that the chainfaill on a boom travels to, a lineup bar, a impact driver, and a good set of 1/2” drive with 6pt sockets (mid depth will catch everything, otherwise you need both some mix of deep & standard depth)

Pics/commentary incoming, just “be prepared” if you buy one - my Slee & Hanna Quality were far better fitup than either this Demello or my 80 series ARB front bumper.

Pics are uploaded in my “Yota” album- still on limited screen time from the concussion, so I’ll make more info Wed since tomorrow my lights will be getting their relay harnesses & wired up.

So 3 of 4 round lights are in, the light bar doesn’t clear the hood on the hinges if I want it to sit anything behind the grill bar (not a big deal to me, I was so-so on the bar anyhow), and the winch is just bolted in with no power or rope on the spool.

So current look:

Before I forget the little stuff of the install, the bumper isn’t built to fit with the tow package / trans cooler (pretty sure it’s the trans cooler, but mebbe the PS cooler, I was mission driven & wasn’t out to fiddle with figuring stuff out) - you have to remove the bars that hold it & redrill the holes for the mount arm bolts back all of 3/8”-1/2” so you don’t crush the fins and have it constantly rubbing the bumper.

I’ll edit this post with a downward pic, it’ll show how mine is clearanced now due to that 1/2” backspace I did (rebolting them is tricky when drilled, so you know).

Pic showing what I’m saying, the shot is from RS angled to center, shows the fit between the body & bumper w/ that backset:

Vs the stock space the factory cooler gap is:

The center horizontal sheetmetal that attach the plastic “rivots” for the plastic bumperskin is still out, it needs clearancing for the top center of the Zeon solenoid. I’ll update all pics when it has been adjusted as I plan to use it to support the power cables for the winch.

Also, the vertical center rib you all have in your rigs is gone Johnson with the winch. No big loss.

There are also 2 continuation pieces that sit under each headlight that are for bumperskin support, but now worthless for my application - like I said, only piece going back will be that center tin that mounts to the arms under inner corner of headlights once it’s a functional piece for power cable support - also that piece has 2 little rubber bumperstops for the grill, so in order to keep my grill good & well supported / not vibrating around, I’m definitely going to be reworking that center tin piece since it will serve 2 purposes for me.

Also, expect to need to sideload the crap out of the bumper to center it - mine was almost 3/4” off & getting it within 1/16” of centered took a come-along with a strap to a vehicle we had parked in the next bay to get the mechanical advantage.
This wasn’t a slip-on like Slee, ARB, Hanna Quality, or IPOR (only other brands I’ve installed/been roped into helping install. I’ve done Luke’s too, but that’s not pre-fab like the prior mentioned (or wasn’t that I had).

Yes, I should have prefit the bumper prior to powdercoat, but I was focused on my boat work, so the bumper was a side project. It sat powdercoated for a couple weeks while the boat got priority.
If I was to buy again & install, I’d buy it raw (like I did) - but dry fit it so you know you won’t be doing the install like I was, fighting to fit it when hindsite I could have hogged a few holes to make it painless / less painful. At least if you decide to powdercoat or pay to bedliner it.

You will need to strip the front end down to this point, so you know what all comes off to do this bumper:

Last edited:
Pic to show Warn Zeon without any mods & clearance, and why the bumperskin bar is still out:

That gap between the solenoid & bumper is barely 3/16”, and the curve matters as the solenoid is taller than the bumper behind where the top bumper sheet metal stops.

—There’s other pics in my gallery for other shots / perspectives of install, feel free to as q’s - Warn is still just mointed but not live, so cables are coiled & ziptied ATM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom