Any thoughts or reviews? - Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure With Kevlar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
The time has come to put some new tires on my rig. I'm not particularly flush at the moment, so I'm looking into AT tires that won't break the bank. I found that Goodyear's Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure With Kevlar has some great reviews on Discount Tire. I can get four at $650 in 275/70/18, a very tempting sticker price. Does anyone have experience with these tires?

My dad has them on his 2500 Chevy and they were a comfortable ride and did everything he needed and them too. He towed and lives off grid in hemet so basically light over landing environment with occasional rocks and washout. My neighbors also have them on their Tacoma’s and they look good short of the spec tire size looking a bit narrow on a stock trd. That’s a great price for that size. If you are looking for something that has slightly more aggressive sidewalks but performs solid on road and off the wildpeak at3w is going to be close to that price.

But I think they’re good tires.

My dad has them on his 2500 Chevy and they were a comfortable ride and did everything he needed and them too. He towed and lives off grid in hemet so basically light over landing environment with occasional rocks and washout. My neighbors also have them on their Tacoma’s and they look good short of the spec tire size looking a bit narrow on a stock trd. That’s a great price for that size. If you are looking for something that has slightly more aggressive sidewalks but performs solid on road and off the wildpeak at3w is going to be close to that price.

But I think they’re good tires.

Appreciate the info!
I'll check out the Wildpeaks as well. I wouldn't mind having something that looks a little beefier.

I run the exact same size on my 100. Work well no complaints. That’s a heck of a price.

They were on my LC when I bought it about 3 years ago, and were almost new. So I didn't pick them, but they've been excellent. They are not LT or E rated, something less, just says standard load on the sidewall.

Dry pavement - quiet, smooth, great ride and traction. Happy with ride anywhere from 30-45psi.
Wet/rain conditions - excellent performance
Snow - only a little experience, but traction was reasonably good and predictable
Sand/dunes - aired down to 12-18psi, excellent traction on wet and dry sand. Loves low tire pressure, but sidewall is not very protected, would be worried in mixed terrain.
Gravel/forest roads - surprisingly good traction in both wet and dry, some mud and both plain dirt and gravel. Have had two punctures though on these type roads, one was a screw/nail and the other was a sharp stone. Both through the main tread. Easily fixed at tire shop.
Mud - other than muddy roads, I haven't really taken it into mud proper.
Looks - pretty boring, has raised white outline letters on one side, black letters on other side, so you can pick.
Rocks/heavy offloading - I don't think they'd be a great choice, lack of sidewall protection and in my load rating seems too soft and vulnerable when aired down.
Wear - very even, no chipping, no balancing issues. Probably going to get over 50,000 miles but I think they are warranted something like 60,000, so a good value.

My actual usage is probably ideal for this tire. 85% on the road. 15% in sand dunes or gravel roads, not very challenging terrain. but they've done a lot better than I expected the few times I drove things steeper/rougher/slicker/messier than usual.

That price seems very good. I think Goodyear has a discount going on now till year end.

Great tire. Underrated, or even unknown. I admit, they don’t look too exciting, but they perform very well

I run 285/65r18 on my 200 and have about 16k on the set, still look like new and more importantly, are QUIET!!

This is my second set, first on a LC. Had a set on a F150 I ran after the local shop recommended them as the BNSF pickups had them.

Dry traction is great, feels better than the factory tires. Wet is even better, and they grip ice almost as good as a dedicated winter tire. Snow, not a problem. Dirt roads/gravel is sure footed as anything out there, and mud isn’t an issue (but I wouldn’t take them in a mud bog). Never had them in rocks. Did I mention they are quiet?

I’ve ran BFG AT, Duratracs, MTR and various factory options and these are my new pick for a daily driver that sees various conditions off the pavement, just my 2¢

They were on my LC when I bought it about 3 years ago, and were almost new. So I didn't pick them, but they've been excellent. They are not LT or E rated, something less, just says standard load on the sidewall.

Dry pavement - quiet, smooth, great ride and traction. Happy with ride anywhere from 30-45psi.
Wet/rain conditions - excellent performance
Snow - only a little experience, but traction was reasonably good and predictable
Sand/dunes - aired down to 12-18psi, excellent traction on wet and dry sand. Loves low tire pressure, but sidewall is not very protected, would be worried in mixed terrain.
Gravel/forest roads - surprisingly good traction in both wet and dry, some mud and both plain dirt and gravel. Have had two punctures though on these type roads, one was a screw/nail and the other was a sharp stone. Both through the main tread. Easily fixed at tire shop.
Mud - other than muddy roads, I haven't really taken it into mud proper.
Looks - pretty boring, has raised white outline letters on one side, black letters on other side, so you can pick.
Rocks/heavy offloading - I don't think they'd be a great choice, lack of sidewall protection and in my load rating seems too soft and vulnerable when aired down.
Wear - very even, no chipping, no balancing issues. Probably going to get over 50,000 miles but I think they are warranted something like 60,000, so a good value.

My actual usage is probably ideal for this tire. 85% on the road. 15% in sand dunes or gravel roads, not very challenging terrain. but they've done a lot better than I expected the few times I drove things steeper/rougher/slicker/messier than usual.

That price seems very good. I think Goodyear has a discount going on now till year end.

10/10 on your tire review. It convinced me to got buy the wranglers from discount. 🙏🏼

Great tire. Underrated, or even unknown. I admit, they don’t look too exciting, but they perform very well

I run 285/65r18 on my 200 and have about 16k on the set, still look like new and more importantly, are QUIET!!

This is my second set, first on a LC. Had a set on a F150 I ran after the local shop recommended them as the BNSF pickups had them.

Dry traction is great, feels better than the factory tires. Wet is even better, and they grip ice almost as good as a dedicated winter tire. Snow, not a problem. Dirt roads/gravel is sure footed as anything out there, and mud isn’t an issue (but I wouldn’t take them in a mud bog). Never had them in rocks. Did I mention they are quiet?

I’ve ran BFG AT, Duratracs, MTR and various factory options and these are my new pick for a daily driver that sees various conditions off the pavement, just my 2¢

The wife is going to be very happy with a quiet tire. excellent selling point.
My KO2’s can wake the dead!

I’m thinking of going with this tire if anyone has a picture on a 100 series - I didn’t find one during my search.
How did you score that price??!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom