Any Cruiserheads near Newburyport? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
Hello all,

My Uncle has a 1985 FJ60 that he's holding for us (we won it at auction) prior to (hopefully) driving it out west. He's not particularly mechanically savvy; I'm wondering if there is anyone here who lives near Newburyport that might swing by and take a look at it prior to him gearing up to drive it west? Happy to give someone a 5-year complimentary subscription to the magazine and some bevs to take home!

I know it would put his mind at ease! Thanks all,

Dave

Would def if I was closer... there’s a few crazy mainers up that way.....
if you don’t get someone closer, I’m in Connecticut. Have it towed to my place and I’d be happy to tune it up for a trip out west for ya. Just don’t forget to leave the signed title in the glove box.... ;)

I live 5 miles away
Ha! Newburyport, MA. Thank you Yodafrick--PMed you! Thank you also Landtank, I'm grateful. I'll PM you his info and let him know you may be contacting him or vice versa. If you like, PM me your address info and I would be happy to put you on our comp list. And PM me your beverage of choice. Thank you very much all--I appreciate it very much.

Thank you Landtank and will do Yodafrick.

Gawd...can't wait to hear this!!

I was out if town this week and had an optometrist appointment this morning. While there my wife got s call from the Groveland police department as a guy from newburyport was lookung for information to contact me in regards to having blown his engine.

I called him but his answering machine stated that he wasn't answering the for at this time.

I was actually planning on Looking at the truck shortly after my appointment

Sorry, Rick, for his over-eager actions. I emailed him specifically saying you would be contacting him. He says he put juice to the engine but it won't turn over. AFAIK he's never actually gotten it to fire.

Engine won't start because the aftermarket spark plug wires. They were literally falling off the cap, had detached ends and weren't even all the same brand.

So cap rotor and wires would be my suggestion to start with.

Engine won't start because the aftermarket spark plug wires. They were literally falling off the cap, had detached ends and weren't even all the same brand.

So cap rotor and wires would be my suggestion to start with.

Rick, thank you very much for coming out and doing all the testing and analysis. I will order same and send to David C. Please let me know what I can send your way as a token of thanks --are you a bourbon drinker?

I'd also like to thank @yodafrick again for his kind offers of assistance!

Rick will drink just about anything!;):cheers:

Anytime and always!! Busy having fun this weekend but keep us posted. So where is it headed and official status?

put in new plugs, cap, rotor and wires. Battery is shot and even after 15mins jumped by another car there wasn't enough nut to turn over the engine for more than a few strokes.

Plugs were NGK split fires or something similar with some heavy deposits, and no oil dipstick.

truck needs some love.

Send it to the Land Cruiser Love Shack ;) when ever you want.

368E62E1-923D-4AB5-BABC-EAD3EC9FD319.jpeg
F57853C0-BC7A-419F-BD2D-0A967F893AF6.jpeg
AFF2F942-643C-417A-8111-371124BD6AAA.jpeg
731F3CAE-F94D-4084-91A0-5C79812F4D78.jpeg
1D0E2FE8-B9BC-4D5B-A9C1-5B10F2A0EF6F.jpeg

Update- Land Cruiser Love Shack picked up the 60 back in the winter, pushed it onto the trailer as I killed the spare battery I had brought trying to get a 40 running I was going to buy and grab before heading to Nport. Passed that one off to Dufault, Who graciously lent me his trailer for this journey.

Swapped batteries at home, a few drops of Petro in the carb and she fired right up! Yay!!!! Ok, let’s move her. Oops, clutch is shot. Park for a few...

Guess that means it’s time to organize garage...... long story short, she’s now got a new clutch, master, slave, OPG, PB (no J) (lots for me though), RMS’ed, new rims and tires from _________, 4WDTOMag, carb rebuild and frontwbd rebuild on tap next week.

This truck is amazing!!! So so so stupid clean, bolts actually come out, 397k and it runs like a brand new pulling tractor should. I’ve beeen blessed and honored to work on it, along with so so so much more to come........ I love these trucks and love you dudes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom