any body running trails in crested butte, co this coming weekend/week (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Taz

Threads
I am looking for trails to run in the Crested Butte/ Aspen are next week(May 20-25) I assume most everything is still closed but maybe you all have some suggestions.

With the snow fall this year, dont think things will be open in that area for a while. Our club usualy goes down there in late July to run some of the passes, but we probably wont get to do it until August...... I havent explored that area to mutch, maybe some of the other guy's could give a better answer...........

naaahhh... I don't think so. we had a ton of snow up here this year. I don't think Kebler Pass (from HWY 133 to CB) is even open yet. Coming from Aspen? You won't get over Pearl Pass until August/September, maybe Schofield Pass in July. Gonna be in Gunnison? there is a play area known as Hartman Rocks... aka Little Moab. But if your looking for mountain passes, you better wait.

Barry

I haven't taken it over since my rig "grew up".... what a great trail.

.................many thanks for the CD, Bob was :bounce:

the snow is melting quick, we went down in the Black Canyon yesterday on the 4-wheelers, the Gunnison river was UP :doh: ...... a warm one this week.

........ :beer:

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, Crested Butte :grinpimp:

Last edited:
Hartman's rocks is fun.. and bring you bike for riding rage in the sage. That area of colorado got dumped on only the san juans got more. I was hoping they would open cottonwood on memorial day...

B - I was hopin to make is down there sooner with my wife but her folks are going to be here for a while so it might be july 4 or the weekend after. I'll bring the bj70 :)

wesintl said:
I was hoping they would open cottonwood on memorial day...
... Most of that pass is pretty exposed, except for some tree/shaded areas on the Taylor side. Wouldn't be suprised if they're trying to get that open

................................. ;p

That area of colorado got dumped on only the san juans got more

Barry, any idea of how mutch snow CB has gotten for the year? Heard a while ago San Juans were at 130%, and front range around 117%. Just wondering how the years gonna go for us :) .

Last edited:
bh4rnnr said:
Barry, any idea of how mutch snow CB has gotten for the year? Heard a while ago San Juans were at 130%, and front range around 117%. Just woundering how the years gonna go for us :) .

Hey P...

Not to sure on the exact number, but I do remember it in the 100's... hopefully no fires :ban: ........... do you guys have any plans for Carnage, Penrose? We all need to wheel together more than 1 time per year :frown:

Well, if you showed up last summer at canage..... But am planning something. Just need to set a date and get finnal word from Christo, Mike Caskey and Joe C. I'll pm you more info..

bh4rnnr said:
Well, if you showed up last summer at canage..... But am planning something. Just need to set a date and get finnal word from Christo, Mike Caskey and Joe C. I'll pm you more info..

Won't miss it this year :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom