Any backpackers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
Backpacking has been my first love long before I ever owned a 4wd vehicle. I lost my backpacking "clan" years ago. Family, moved etc, things changed. I still enjoy it as much as I can and my wife and daughter are still into it.
I'm planning an easy backpack into Mt Lemmon over Memorial weekend. Would any of you peeps like to join? Appx 3 miles to camp, water always available, camp spots for a few small tents. Appx 7500' elevation. Spending the weekend exploring, relaxing, enjoying a little whiskey and cigars.
PM me if you're interested. This will be myself, the wife and daughter.

Backpacking has been my first love long before I ever owned a 4wd vehicle. I lost my backpacking "clan" years ago. Family, moved etc, things changed. I still enjoy it as much as I can and my wife and daughter are still into it.
I'm planning an easy backpack into Mt Lemmon over Memorial weekend. Would any of you peeps like to join? Appx 3 miles to camp, water always available, camp spots for a few small tents. Appx 7500' elevation. Spending the weekend exploring, relaxing, enjoying a little whiskey and cigars.
PM me if you're interested. This will be myself, the wife and daughter.

@Shwing and I enjoy hiking/mountaineering (moreso him) but unfortunately we have other plans next weekend. Some other time we'd probably be up for an excursion. Have fun!

If you go on any other occasions post it up or send me a PM, my wife and I have really been wanting to get into backpacking, and we're really close to Mt. Lemmon!

Sounds like a great time, but need to get on my new tie rods this weekend............. Do keep me in mind for future adventures though.

Well, trip got shelved for this weekend. Apparently there have been a couple attacks by a fox or multiple foxes. Possibly rabid. Thing is, an attack happened 3 days ago in the middle of the night just a few hundred yards down the trail from where we planned on camping. I decided it wasn't a good idea to take the family and dog in there for a little bit. Rabies is a bitch. Don't wanna deal with it. My daughter and I just camped in there a couple weeks back.
I am considering hiking in there with the 10/22 and scoping for foxes.

Well, trip got shelved for this weekend. Apparently there have been a couple attacks by a fox or multiple foxes. Possibly rabid. Thing is, an attack happened 3 days ago in the middle of the night just a few hundred yards down the trail from where we planned on camping. I decided it wasn't a good idea to take the family and dog in there for a little bit. Rabies is a bitch. Don't wanna deal with it. My daughter and I just camped in there a couple weeks back.
I am considering hiking in there with the 10/22 and scoping for foxes.

As much as I like wild life, with the possibility of rabies I always shoot first and ask questions later.

Don't know why but foxes seen to be the prevalent carriers of this, both my neighbor's daughters (and the dog) had to go through the rabies treatment after tangling with a fox on the back porch.
If you see one in the daytime, red flag.

So had we made the trip this is the Mint Spring trailhead parking lot
7D_14761-small.jpg
7D_14751-small.jpg
7D_14753-small.jpg

strolling through the camp near Bear Hollow on Mt. Lemmon.
Mt Lemmon fox 2009.jpg

EEK! :eek:

Was that photo taken this weekend?
No, 2009. I had set up a Canon point and shoot with motion detection after i wentto bed. Checked it in the morning and found this.

Much rather have a fox problem than this guy...
Screenshot9520170529-145535_zpspri1g54s.jpg

On Black river last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom