Any AHC mechanics you recommend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Question for the LX470 and LX570 owners. Anyone found any mechanics that understand the AHC system? Need a line replaced on my 570 as there is about a 2 inch stretch of metal that is rusted and burst. Lindsay Lexus quoted really high and when I talked to the lead mechanic he didn't seem to know s*** and said he hadn't ever replaced any lines on a 470 or 570. Ordered the parts and going to take a look and attempt myself, but in the likely event I end up taking it in, looking for somewhere to go. Already saved over $100 buying parts from another dealer online. Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven't done an LX570. I know on the newer KDSS systems it takes a special high pressure pump to recharge them. We haven't had a 570 through for suspension so I'm not sure how it's set up. On the 470's we've had come through line replacement was a lost cause. The lines have been so corroded that nothing would come apart at the fittings between sections.

On mine all the lines look good except for the one that burst from a small spot of rust. Even that line looks good except for a 2 inch patch that rusted badly. If I cant do it or decide against it I will let you know. Maybe I can drive down so you could take a look and let me know if you would be able to do it.

I haven't done an LX570. I know on the newer KDSS systems it takes a special high pressure pump to recharge them. We haven't had a 570 through for suspension so I'm not sure how it's set up. On the 470's we've had come through line replacement was a lost cause. The lines have been so corroded that nothing would come apart at the fittings between sections.

Finally got around to giving it a shot today. Was unsuccessful. I dont have the tools and/or the knowledge to do it. Can I come by first thing Monday?

Paging @apinti , he has instructed me to maintenance mine, which I have disregarded. Didn't seem like a high pressure pump was necessary, but I'll let him chime in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom