Anthrax vaccines! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This applies to our OIF/OEF brothers. So no sh*# there I was at work and start hearing about an email containing info about bad lot numbers of Anthrax vaccines given at SRP sites between 2003-2007. Apparently there are VAs giving 100% disability if you got this shot. Well long story short, I didn't win the disability lottery. Let me know if this affects any of you and I'll see if I can dig up the email.

My memory for acronyms is failing. SRP? I was given first shot stateside (either company or Battalion level) at Ft. Lewis. Should I do more research?

SRP site is soldier readiness processing. Basically where you go get your shots, update DD93/ SGLI, etc. I don’t want to Post the email to the thread without wiping a lot of names first. I’ll post the lot numbers of the shots if I remember tonight

CB7B1A1F-E70E-43E7-8737-F6A80C9FA30C.jpeg

As the email says, not fully vetted.. Something to look into though. Check your shot records for the lot numbers. :cheers:

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder what the time frame for any symptoms/issues has been? I’m a pretty healthy guy so far. (Knock on wood). I remember a lot of guys not being on board with our Malaria pills too. Squad pill taking time. Fun stuff.

Oh man. I could not open my Vaccine Admin Record fast enough, all my lot numbers are 158 and higher.

I looked into this last year--it is mostly legit, but I have yet to get confirmation that anyone has a received a rating from it.

I was given the autoimmune version--I didn't bother claiming it as I haven't had any autoimmune issues, but I am keeping it in my back pocket for further use. As far as 100% rating for this alone, I seriously doubt it.

There’s more to the email then what I posted. Only want to push so much over a public thread. BLUF, the originator of the email is saying “supposed” to be word coming from VA in Aug.

And I had my hopes up I hit the VA lottery LOL. I’m still active duty, but back in the day I went through the series and stopped on number 8 when they said it was no longer a requirement.

I thought the bad Anthrax shots were mid 1990's? I have a family member with messed up chromosomes and a lump in his brain he attributes to the Anthrax shots. All his buddies are dead and he has 100% disability.

I was enlisted from 2002-2006, tons of shots of coarse, and I have a few strange health things. Is there any legitimacy to these claims?

I served in that time frame and was given Anthrax vaccinations. The VA website indicates those lot numbers apply to vaccines administered before 2001. The specific issue being an ingredient called Squalene. It causes some people’s immune system to self-destruct. I have come across a few veterans in the course of my work who have experienced strong allergic reactions to the vaccines. I have never seen a service connection specifically for the Anthrax vaccine. I have seen a lot of service connections for immune related responses that fall under “presumptive conditions of the Gulf War”. Which would apply to everyone who served in theater from the 1990s until now. I looked through 38 CFRs, there is not one mention of Anthrax. The VA Center for War Related Illness and the Defense Health Agency have a lot of reading on the topic if more information is required.

Reactions: PIP
Thanks for sharing this. I wonder what the time frame for any symptoms/issues has been? I’m a pretty healthy guy so far. (Knock on wood). I remember a lot of guys not being on board with our Malaria pills too. Squad pill taking time. Fun stuff.
Hahhahaa lol. I remember lots of us getting sick to our stomachs fast if you didn't take it with food right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom