ANOTHER Wheel/Tire/Offset Question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm coming from a 5th Gen T4R and have the Gunmetal TRD Pro Wheels / 285/70/17 tires that came with it.

The GX is a 2010 Peridot Green Premium - and I don't love the gunmetal on it - so the plan is to sell off the TRD wheels, keep the tires and buy a new set of wheels.

I'm pretty set on the Fuel Shok D666 in bronze, so now it's size/offset time.

17x9 is the skinniest they offer, with a +20, +1 or -12 offset.

The +20 will give me the least amount of poke and closest to OEM backspacing - albeit with a 2in additional poke.
The -12 will give me the deepest 'dish' on the wheels but poke out over 3.25in.
The +1 will give me a nice dish and 2.75in of poke. This is probably the 'Goldilocks' option.

So now the question is tires. 285/70/17 fit the 4Runner with a bit of heat on the fender liners and a slight trim to the bumper. I'm not against either one of those on the GX - but are there other considerations on stock air suspension (for now)?

Cheers.

You won't get 3.25" of "poke" with the -12mm offset. They are 1.4" more offset than the stock GX wheels. 285/70's will rub like mad without a lift or BMC, I'd recommend both for that size tire although some do just one or the other, it's all dependent on trimming and/or offset. A 275/70/17 measures 32.2x10.8x17, I ran those on TRD Pro wheels on my 5th Gen with no BMC and it looked nice.

My GX460 with -10mm offset wheels and 285/70/17's. They just barely stick out past the fender.

0DS46XG.jpg

Z7fB7f2.jpg

m8MDh3K.jpg

My 5th Gen 4Runner with TRD Pro wheels and 275/70/17's.

aT3IR9K.jpg

uqrSDMv.jpg

Apologies! I use the term ‘poke’ in comparison to OEM - not as a reference to how far it would stick out past the fender.

What’s the width of your wheel? Lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom