Another potential purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have found this Lexus at a local dealer, and due to issues with current work vehicles, I'm considering this one. Will be used as a daily/work vehicle and will slowly build it up. What is everyones thoughts on this one.
https://autooutlet51.com/inventory/2003-lexus-lx-470/

it looks pretty clean, will get a better idea when I look at it when I am off next, hopefully will be trading my jeep in for it

Right in the heart of the Rust Belt, ask for under carriage pictures...other than that, priced decently, depends on how severe the accident was.

I guess the usual - check out the maintenance records and take a creeper with you to look at the undercarriage. Looks pretty nice in the pictures.

It looks good enough in the pics to warrant further investigation. The condition of the undercarriage will be the deciding factor. I'd try to get more details on the accident as well.

I'd get undercarriage pics.

Register and pull history Lexus Owners Site | Lexus Drivers :

"EXHAUST HAS MULTIPLE LEAKS, MANIFOLDS ALSO HAVE LEAKS. RECOMMNED REPPLACE CENTER MUFFLER , MAIN LE ~|~ ~|~,CUSTOMER DECLINED SERVICE -CUSTOMER DECLINEDEXHAUST HAS MULTIPLE LEAKS, MANIFOLDS ALSO HAVE LEAKS. RECOMMNED REPPLACE CENTER MUFFLER , MAIN LE"

Went and did a quick look at it yesterday. It is very clean inside and out. The body work I found on service history looks well done, couldn't find any signs of it. On to the bad, it wouldnt start up, key wouldnt turn so I'm guessing the immobilizer was tripped somehow. The only thing the salesman said was the radio system did not have power, what could cause this? They should have it sorted out by next week when I finally get a few days off, i plan on putting it on a lift and checking the under carriage out, make sure it's not ate up or showing any leaks. I did note the timing belt was changed at 94k miles per a sticker under hood, so I'm guessing maintenance wise it was taken care off. Is the price about right on it?

Radio could just be a blown fuse, but sorting out the key/ignition issue is more important.

You can thank me later.

Attachments

• report.pdf
    82.8 KB · Views: 170
Well that carfax is concerning. I did run the vin om lexus website. Dealer is saying that carfax showed the frame damage but nothing else did, the lexus records show body wrk om passenger rear door and running board, I'm wondering if this is the frame damage flag? I'm going to take it for a test drive wednesday and have my mechanic put it on rack to inspect it, see what it looks like under. I'm really concerned with the amount of owners recently and the frame damage

I'm really concerned with the amount of owners recently and the frame damage
The bold red letters that says frame damage in the carfax should make you pass on this one.

Why are you still interested in it after seeing that Carfax? Don't forget to thank you "ihommac13" who saved your ass in a big big way...

Last edited:
Yes, I very much appreciate it. I was way too enamored with how nice the thing looked haha. Passing on it, found a mint 2 owner truck. Still will be on the lookout fr a cruiser in the future, maybe the gf will have to get one when her honda gives up the ghost. Again, I appreciate the report!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom