Another LSPV question and mileage chart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Two questions:
1.How do you know if the LSPV is adjusted right if you don't have the pressure gauges? Is there some simple test to check that the braking power is distributed correctly? I adjusted my LSPV a few days ago, and I don't feel much difference. Should I? I know I adjusted it the right way according to the LCOOL site. I have the OME medium (2.5-3.0) lift.

2. Ok, I searched but I can't find it. A while back someone posted some conversion chart on how many miles per gallon and/or travelled miles one actually goes when they install 285/75 tires. Do you add 10% or something to the miles your odometer reads; so if my odometer reads 300 miles at fill up did I actually travel 330 miles? What's the formula?

Thanks in advanced!!

You can go by brake pad wear, but that will take a while. Rear pads should last 2 to 3 times longer than fronts.

You need to get an accurate measurement of how much the tires are bigger than stock. Use a GPS to check speed compared to the speedo. Typical 285 is about 6% taller than a 31.

You get 300 miles on a tank? Wow.

Yeah WOW, I hven't seen 300 miles since I bought my wagon. After I put the tires on and the slee speedo gear I only get about 260-280. Better gas mileage is a LIE I tell you a lie. In theory yes but in real world no.

Anyway yeah you're about 6% off with stock gears and 285's uncorrected.

A crazy way to check the brake bias is to lock the center diff, drive up to 40mph for about 3/4 of a mile and them turn off the center lock. The ABS will be disabled and then lock your bakes and see which locks first, front or rear. Oh and as logic would tell you, lock the brakes at a lower safer speed. Anyway a few time of this and you can pretty much tune the brakes to your liking. I did mine this way but there's better ways.

I just went 327 miles on one tank of gas until the low fuel light came on. I was averaging about 260 miles or so per tank before the light came on up until I just completed a extensive tune-up (BTW thanks for the parts C-Dan). That tune-up made a huge difference. I could tell immediately after finishing it that my truck was running smoother. I didn't expect that much of a change in mileage though!

EDPA said:
I just went 327 miles on one tank of gas until the low fuel light came on. I was averaging about 260 miles or so per tank before the light came on up until I just completed a extensive tune-up (BTW thanks for the parts C-Dan). That tune-up made a huge difference. I could tell immediately after finishing it that my truck was running smoother. I didn't expect that much of a change in mileage though!
Please share what all you did!

New plugs, plug wires, PCV valve, distributor cap and rotor, 3 new belts, switched to Mobil 1 synthetic (I was hesitant to do this but decided to give it a try after all the postive stuff I hear on this forum). Also, before Mobil 1 I had this BG oil cleaner stuff done and a induction cleaner called BG 44. The BG stuff I had to have done at a shop since I could not find it in any retail store. All the other stuff I did myself. Also, I've been running my tires at 46 psi (I have been doing this for a while and have not touched the tire pressure during or after the tune-up, so that is not a factor). Also, I'm not very heavy footed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom