Another lifted GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got the lift kit and wheels on finally. Sliders are next! Icon stage 5, reservoir shocks with UCA and billet trailing arms. It rides awesome, much more stable and confident than OEM, not as smooth, but almost considering going from Michelins to all terrains.

20171003_152842.jpg
20170825_103754.jpg

Last edited:
Another lift and another great looking GX that is tempting me to forgo the 200 series - well done!

I am glad to hear that you like the increased stability. In terms of the ride being a little more firm, going to an A/T or M/T tire will certainly change the feel. Did you go from a D to E rated tire? If you haven't already done so try chalking the tires and adjusting your tire pressure.

Another lift and another great looking GX that is tempting me to forgo the 200 series - well done!

I am glad to hear that you like the increased stability. In terms of the ride being a little more firm, going to an A/T or M/T tire will certainly change the feel. Did you go from a D to E rated tire? If you haven't already done so try chalking the tires and adjusting your tire pressure.

I went from OEM Michelins to E rated tires. I always run my tire pressure higher than factory recommends. 38 PSI all around has been wearing nicely.

Sliders finally installed. I ripped off the front bumper a little bit after smashing it into the sand at the dunes. I really need to trim some more of the front off.

20170910_084936.jpg

20170910_085000.jpg

20170910_200334.jpg

Nice to see guys taking the plunge and modify these trucks. I installed a set of Yokohama Geolander and they are much nicer on my back then the KO2.
I wish I could remove the steps the way you did it but in the N/E winter would destroy the side panels pretty quick.
Really nicely done.

Thanks. It is a little bit of a pain without the step there, but the area I kick is plastic so I'm not worried about corrosion/scuffing the panel, its mostly friends and family I'm concerned about slipping getting in.

Whats the brand of those bronze rims?? Saw some just like that on a Black 4runner on ebay, they look sick! Sweet GX, Icons a sweet set up.

Nickk6, great looking 460. I am starting to outfit my 2013 GX460. Looks like you cut the running board for sliders. I've seen others ordering Prado rocker panels. Which would you recommend?

Nickk6, great looking 460. I am starting to outfit my 2013 GX460. Looks like you cut the running board for sliders. I've seen others ordering Prado rocker panels. Which would you recommend?

Depends on how picky you are to be honest. Cutting looks a little rough when you look up close and its definitely far from perfect. Factory rockers will give a finished oem look and feel because it is. Also consider long term, when you cut the factory side steps you are basically scrapping some expensive oem parts just to use a portion of them. I'm really happy with it though because I didn't have to spend a bunch of time looking and money for a small and useless part (again I don't care about looks just function). If you have a dremel tool and are not scared of cutting your factory steps, I say go for it.

Nickk6, I'm not a steady enough hand, so I ordered the prado rockers this week. And sliders from SSO. Are your Six Shooters 17x8? Do you like that size wheel over the OEM 18? What size Wranglers are mounted? Thx

I don't think you will regret the OEM rockers, you can see my handy work...its very rough.

Yes, these are the 17x8's. Honestly I can't tell the difference since the 17's have E-rated tires and that more than likely makes up for the difference of the bigger side wall vs the 18s with the thinner/shorter side wall. I have 285/70/17 and they rub a bit at full lock.

SIDE.jpg

SIDE.jpg

Sweet rig, looks great. What's going on out back with that rear bumper?

Very nice truck man. Did it start as a non KDSS truck, since you've got aftermarket control arms top and bottom? (At least I think).

I believe all the 2010+ gx460s are standard with KDSS. The front has Icon tubular upper control arms and the rear has Icon billet lower trailing arms. The rear were not necessary, they just came with the kit and ended up adding additional headache since Outlaw Offroad didn't install them right.

Good to know, that hadn't sunken in yet I guess I'm sure I read it somewhere by now! Hopefully you got the rears straightened out.

Just bumping this thread since it's my inspiration for a GX460!

I got into the Toyota world with my Tundra last summer. Put on TRD Pro grille & FN BFD wheels + 305/65 KO2, totally transformed the look & I fell in love! Hoping to do JBA headers + Dirty Deeds 3" dual exhaust next, TRD Pro suspension after that. But really, if I'm honest, other than the occasional firewood load or Home Depot run, my truck is used mostly as a mall crawler! I don't think TRD Pro suspension is that extreme though...from what I read on road ride & handling is as much improved as off-road.

So...maybe in a few years I'll transition to a GX. Toyota tax is a real thing, so I think the GX is a tremendous value & a hidden off-road gem so to speak. I love the look, comfort, & reliability of Lexus, but it's an unsuspecting off road beast underneath! I like how the GX is kinda undiscovered for the most part, while 4Runners & Tacomas are everywhere, IMO.

Thinking I'd do FN Six Shooter wheels + 285/70 KO2 tires. But then perhaps a "middle of the road" suspension set up. Not interested in much lift, maybe ~2" max. I'm just starting my research. I like the idea of remote reservoir since it seems so attainable, even in mild set-ups. I realize it's overkill for my application...but it all is! So why not spend a little extra to get what I like? I've read good things about OME BP51 kits? I'm not interested in adjustability. I just want one set up done right for my mostly on road use with occasional very mild off-roading.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, just love the look you have & taste/choice of mods!

Can you open your 5th door with a bike attached with your setup?

I would think not, probably not with a bike on it. You’ll need to get their rakattach swing out arm Or something similar. I’m looking into the 1up bike racks now but I’d love for the OP to confirm.

I have the same oneup bike rack on my '16. I can't open the rear gate or glass when a bike is on it (handle bars block the glass from opening), but with it folded down I can open the rear hatch (its modular so i can remove the second bike carrier and just have one like the pics above, which gives plenty of room.

IMG_20180818_093754.jpg

IMG_20180818_105955.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom