1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another lifted GX460

Discussion in '150-Series Toyotas' started by Nickk6, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Nickk6

Nickk6

Got the lift kit and wheels on finally. Sliders are next! Icon stage 5, reservoir shocks with UCA and billet trailing arms. It rides awesome, much more stable and confident than OEM, not as smooth, but almost considering going from Michelins to all terrains.

20171003_152842.jpg 20170825_103754.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. Nomad_K

Nomad_K

Another lift and another great looking GX that is tempting me to forgo the 200 series - well done!

I am glad to hear that you like the increased stability. In terms of the ride being a little more firm, going to an A/T or M/T tire will certainly change the feel. Did you go from a D to E rated tire? If you haven't already done so try chalking the tires and adjusting your tire pressure.

3. Nickk6

Nickk6

I went from OEM Michelins to E rated tires. I always run my tire pressure higher than factory recommends. 38 PSI all around has been wearing nicely.

Sliders finally installed. I ripped off the front bumper a little bit after smashing it into the sand at the dunes. I really need to trim some more of the front off.

20170910_084936.jpg

20170910_085000.jpg

20170910_200334.jpg

4. Virgilus11

Virgilus11

Nice to see guys taking the plunge and modify these trucks. I installed a set of Yokohama Geolander and they are much nicer on my back then the KO2.
    I wish I could remove the steps the way you did it but in the N/E winter would destroy the side panels pretty quick.
    Really nicely done.

5. Nickk6

Nickk6

Thanks. It is a little bit of a pain without the step there, but the area I kick is plastic so I'm not worried about corrosion/scuffing the panel, its mostly friends and family I'm concerned about slipping getting in.

6. scwill

scwill

Whats the brand of those bronze rims?? Saw some just like that on a Black 4runner on ebay, they look sick! Sweet GX, Icons a sweet set up.

7. Nickk6

Nickk6

Thank you, its a pleasure off road. Contact Dustin @ FN Wheels, 951-735-1100.

FN Wheels – Konig Six Shooter

Went to Santiago Peak in Orange County, CA this weekend.

20171007_104234.jpg

20171007_120417.jpg

8. traverse

traverse

Nickk6, great looking 460. I am starting to outfit my 2013 GX460. Looks like you cut the running board for sliders. I've seen others ordering Prado rocker panels. Which would you recommend?

9. Nickk6

Nickk6

Depends on how picky you are to be honest. Cutting looks a little rough when you look up close and its definitely far from perfect. Factory rockers will give a finished oem look and feel because it is. Also consider long term, when you cut the factory side steps you are basically scrapping some expensive oem parts just to use a portion of them. I'm really happy with it though because I didn't have to spend a bunch of time looking and money for a small and useless part (again I don't care about looks just function). If you have a dremel tool and are not scared of cutting your factory steps, I say go for it.

10. traverse

traverse

Nickk6, I'm not a steady enough hand, so I ordered the prado rockers this week. And sliders from SSO. Are your Six Shooters 17x8? Do you like that size wheel over the OEM 18? What size Wranglers are mounted? Thx