Annual Meeting Jan 6, 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First news is that Grand Mesa Jeep Club has reversed it's earlier position and does not want to do the proposed merge with BCC. I see this as sign that BCC should move forward and try to grown and prosper on our own.

Our next meeting is Jan 6 at 6:30 with location to be determined. I will be in Baja at that time so I'm asking someone to take the responsibility of finding a meeting place; maybe Famous Dave's again, or in a members home. Dues at $35 single or family are due at that time. Also election of officers should take place but with our uncertain future I propose no changes for 2016.

I also hope that someone get a snow run together ASAP.

Thanks,
Ace

Hey Ace. I was unaware you were looking at a possible merger with another group. But since the thought seems to have been considered I thought I would let you know about another group you could potentially make contact with. I ran into this guy by the wall on Poughkeepsie in September right before I left and he mentioned he was an officer in this group. Seemed like a real nice guy. He was driving a jeep but I don't think their group is vehicle specific. He told me about his group and asked if I wanted to join. They call themselves the Western Slope Four Wheelers and they are based out of Montrose. Here is a link to their website.

Western Slope 4 Wheelers | The Mountains Are Calling…Are You Ready?

My very limited experience with that group is they prefer hard core trails. Our possible merge was discussed here earlier and on FB. Grand Mesa Jeep Club seemed all in favor but they abruptly reversed course. Our current plan is to press on and keep trying to recruit new members. We have had several join lately.

I need someone to step up and arrange for our annual meeting. Either secure a local restaurant or host it at your home. You don't have to be an officer or experienced member. It's really an easy but needed task. PLEASE!

Need someone to arrange or host the annual meeting.

Apparently there was no Janusry meeting. This really is a disappointment, but I think we should try to pull together an April meeting. If no interest them I'm afraid it will be time to fold the Book Cliff Cruisers tent.

Ace

Apparently there was no Janusry meeting. This really is a disappointment, but I think we should try to pull together an April meeting. If no interest them I'm afraid it will be time to fold the Book Cliff Cruisers tent.

Ace

How many active members do you have now? I asked about joining via Facebook like a year ago and everything was on hold then.

I had thoughts of creating a mountain TLC chapter, as there's lots of Toys running around up here and we have trails that need love. Perhaps there could be a branch or something? I haven't done any research or know how it works, just a thought...

Where are u located RhinoRig? We need to make this club for all of the Western Slope. Obviously Grand Junction alone cannot keep it active. We need more input from other areas.

I'm in the Vail area and I am seeing a lot more built toys around here, so there may be interest. The problem is distance. I don't have any issues with driving for hours to get to a trailhead, but a club meeting is a different matter. I don't understand why the club can't attract more folks. The wife and I were talking last night that it would be good to have a club closer to home that is an advocate for the trails that are in constant threat of closing. Not necessarily limited to Toyotas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom