An appeal to the Toyota aftermarket regarding ATF level tubes... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I watched this video the other day:

Got to thinking...if Toyota knows the height the check tube needs to be at operating temp (versus the 104-113deg window we all deal with now), can an aftermarket tube or pan be made such that fluid levels can be checked at operating temp? For instance (numbers made up for example purposes), say my GX overflow tube is 30mm from the factory, and needs to be checked at 104-113deg, and Toyota's fancy tool needs to be inserted such that it extends 46mm into the pan to check the level hot, then can't a sleeve be made (or a whole new pan if necessary) with a longer check tube such that I can just overfill half a quart or so, go for a drive, and come back and drain hot and be at the proper level? No more paper clips, no more 20min warmups, no more Tech Stream...??? Am I being daft, or wouldn't this be simpler? The only objection the video's author had was that hot ATF can burn you and, yes...yes it can...but I always drain such fluids hot, it's just better, so that's nothing new...and the oil change shops have no choice but to...

Anywho, seems like anyone with the manual for that Toyota tool showing the additional probe height needed per model and a 3D printer could get this done and make a few bucks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom