Amsoil's Dual By-pass Oil Filteration System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wayne

Bought by His blood, kept by His power
Threads
Amsoil choose my installation of their BMK-13 by-pass filteration system to put on their website :D If you are interested in taking a look see :eek: go to....

<www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/stewart/index.htm>

or, just go to their website and then go to "What's new?"

Wayne S

Todd, I don't know how you did that, but thanks....

Wayne S

I like that :D but do you think that your new filter location is in a kinda vulnerable location, looks like they hang as low as your bumper???
Nice tho.

:cheers:

The filters look lower than they are, and don't extend below the bumper. If I was doing some serious off-roading, I'd probably pick a different location higher up and better protected. But, for Florida and what I do off-road, there ok.

How offten do you have to replace the oil filter any intervals, and can you buy the filter from walmart or pep boys?

Cool!

Do you have before install and after install oil pressure readings?

I have read concerns that the dual remote setups restrict flow. Apparently, the remote mount has a valve in it to reduce the flow through the regular full flow filter, so that some oil is forced through the second filter. Without the valve, little (or no) oil goes through the second filter.

It would be great to see how much (if any) oil pressure is lost by installing these.

Thanks, -Steve

wussyPup said:
Cool!

Do you have before install and after install oil pressure readings?

I have read concerns that the dual remote setups restrict flow. Apparently, the remote mount has a valve in it to reduce the flow through the regular full flow filter, so that some oil is forced through the second filter. Without the valve, little (or no) oil goes through the second filter.

It would be great to see how much (if any) oil pressure is lost by installing these.

Thanks, -Steve

Im a BIG Amsoil guy. I too have heard the issues with the dual remote mount. I have the single bypass mounts on my rigs. I replace the bypass every 10,000 miles and the normal oil filter every 3,000 miles. You cant beat the protection you get with a bypass oil filter.

TB

My friend had the Amsoil bypass on his 80. He mounted it on the DS frame about where the cats would go on the PS maybe a little further forward than the cats. It was protected really well. I like the Amsoil Grease. I ran their 20-50 Racing oil in my 60 for awhile but it was too hard to get. Our local dealer is really starting to be a PITA. He never has what I need in stock and his prices are getting outrageous. So I'm down to just using the grease and I have 5 gallons of gear lube sitting on the shelf in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom