Amsoil SS vs TGMO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently acquired an '08 TLC VX (5.7L gas) with 122k. Dealer maintained it's whole life.

Long story short, I've done copious amounts of research on this topic and narrowed the choices down to either Amsoil Signature or Toyota Genuine Motor Oil (synthetic). I live in a pretty moderate climate in Seattle, so will stick with US recommend 0w20 oil. If I go on a long road trip to some place very hot, I might switch to 5w20. Either way, I'll be using a TRD oil filter.

If my understanding is correct, both oils are made by Exxon/Mobil 1 and then augmented with their own proprietary blend of additives.

TGMO seems to be preferred by a lot of Toyota owners, but Amsoil Signature wins every test I've ever seen and is considered by many general mechanics and enthusiasts to be the best oil money can buy for any vehicle, independent of make.

Can anyone who has used both in a Toyota engine (preferably the 5.7l V8) chime in? Is there a reason Toyota oil would work better in a Toyota engine vs. the industry standard top dog? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom