Am I Correct ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't tow my 2007 FJ behind my motor home unless I put it up on a trailer. Toooo bad !!!!! Anyone have any suggestions !!!! :crybaby:

towing fj 4 down

I can't tow my 2007 FJ behind my motor home unless I put it up on a trailer. Toooo bad !!!!! Anyone have any suggestions !!!! :crybaby:

I tow my 2008 FJ 4 down. Not cheap. I added a Remco drive shaft disconnect (about $1,000)and a Roadmaster braking system (about $800). The braking system requires air pressure, but my motor home had a compressor that I installed to tow my Jeep Rubicon with an M&G brake system. The Roadmaster system has an air pressure regulator so I don't mash the FJ's brakes too hard. I used Roadmaster tow brackets ($400), that are way too low (I filled them with mud on a dirt road last week), and actually use the two front recovery points as part of the mounting hardware (bad idea). I would suggest Blue Ox, I used the Roadmaster stuff since I have a Roadmaster tow bar on my motor home, but this summer I may change over to Blue Ox (also $400). And of course, you need to add a tow light wiring kit ($70) (or separate tow lights).

I did all the above because my motor home is too small and light weight to pull more than about 5,000 pounds. It works well, and I don't have to haul a trailer around with me. One big down side is the shift linkage, to connect and disconnect the drive shaft, is bolted onto the rear diff, and off road driving could hurt it. So now I'm looking for a place to install an OME lift kit and a front bumper (I would like to use a good solid bumper to mount my tow bar brackets to, rather than have a separate set of brackets), then I'll go to maybe 34s, and get some decent clearance.

I joined this forum last week, and have learned a whole lot by reading the postings. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom