Alternator help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi please delete if not allowed,

I recently had my Alternator fail on my 80 series diesel, I removed it and had it rebuilt, after installing it, the A/T Temp, T belt, water in fuel and both turbo lights come on, but they go out after 2-3 min of driving and everything seem fine. In fact the windows roll up faster and it seem to be running better, Is there something I am missing? Has anyone had this happen? Thanks

I had all my lights come on real bright and the relays get damn excited when I installed a non-regulated alternator replacement in my BJ60 that had an internally regulated alternator before.

That's sum excitement for ya. but I don't think that is your issue, but it's a good story anyway :beer:

Hi please delete if not allowed,

I recently had my Alternator fail on my 80 series diesel, I removed it and had it rebuilt, after installing it, the A/T Temp, T belt, water in fuel and both turbo lights come on, but they go out after 2-3 min of driving and everything seem fine. In fact the windows roll up faster and it seem to be running better, Is there something I am missing? Has anyone had this happen? Thanks
Couple things come to mind. Is there a computer reset on these trucks? Sometimes computers have
an internal reset sequence they go through. Do the Turbo lights work properly after they come on bright?

I remember John at ATEB telling me before that lights staying on for a while but then going out was a sign of worn brushes on the alternator. Maybe an issue with the rebuild? Have you taken voltage readings after the rebuilt alternator was installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom