Already dissapointed :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here but I am already dissapointed based I what I am reading about the FJ.

First a V6, this does not make sense for the US market, then even stuffed a V8 in the Lexus version of the Prado, and as far as I can tell the US is one of the only markets that can get the V8 in prodo. Nowing how much Americans like power why not start the FJ off with a V8. Of course if there target market is not cruiserhead but the new generation for sports Util users maybe I can see it but they should not call it a Land Cruiser then.

Second, a front and rear winch, ok if you have to have them, but no mention of Front or rear lockers, what is up with that, I would take the lockers of the winch for my first choice. I though they would go after the Jeep Rubicon group with this new FJ but without even having lockers they are already behind.

I am curious to see what the interior ended up as, I am sure it will not be the concept interior especially the seats if that were the case then the price would be in the $50k for sure.

I am so eager to hear what the price is, based on that it could be the difference of selling lots or just to a few Land Cruiser collectors. I would also like to know where else they are going to sell this.

Ideally (and I think the responses on hear echo that) they should offer it with a diesel and that would insure a hit in the US perhaps one of the those D4D diesels that they have come out with.

Well just my 2 cents, thanks for reading.

Michael

It is a relatively entry level rig, therefor no V8, IIRC rear locker is expected, winches not expected to make it to production, maybe optional. US only market, at least initially. Diesel would be awesome, but I just don't see them starting selling diesels in the US on a brand new model, maybe if it does prove to sell well they would risk it (lets hope!). Some online auto website speculated cost being $17k-25k.

I will be very, VERY surprised if it's not basically a two door rebodied 4-Runner/Tacoma with a rear locker.

Investment in a whole new drivetrain isn't normally Toyota's thing, and their use of words like "off-road ability" lead me to believe they are putting the vehicle on what they feel is their most capable platform.

If I am wrong, I will be very, very, very, very surprised, expecially considering the fact that when the original concept came out in 2003, they said that, if produced, the FJ would be on the Tacoma platform.

shocker said:
I will be very surprised if it's not basically a two door rebodied Tacoma....

That is what it is.......

why shouldn't it be a V6 and still be a landcruiser, if you'll accept a V8??? landcruisers should only be straight 6's (or diesel 4's) really.

as for the rubicon, well i don't see that as a target, considering IFS and no removable top... both ommissions that toyota should be shot for.

ANY way you look at it....

:RAINBOW:

This thing SCREAMS it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom