Alpha Equipt Wheels on 2018 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello 200 Series Forum,

I'm a long time Mud member, 15 year owner of an 80 series LX450 ( ROTW 2007 Builds - ROTW - TroutRunner - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rotw-troutrunner.173896/ ), 10 year owner of a 200 Series TLC and just got a, new to me, 2018 LX570 in Starfire Pearl White.

The LX570 has the dreaded 21" rims. As soon as they wear down, I'm looking to swap them out for new rims and put on a 33" tire. I'd like more sidewall for comfort on rough roads, more tire choices, and because frankly, it will be cheaper in the long run than sourcing a 21" tire at $450 a pop. I have a hard duty wheeler in the 80 series and the 200 TLC does some light duty. The new LX570 will not see major dirt for years to come.

I think I have settled on AlphaEquipt. I like the Command and the Delta's. Commands come in 17" and 18", Delta's in only 17". The 17" options have a +35 and +25 offset choices while the 18" only has +25mm choice. I think the dual valve system is kind of gimmicky and fun at the same time. I've run a 275/70/18 on the 200 TLC for years in the Michelin LTX M/S, been more than pleased and they are snow monsters. Never had rubbing in this size on the 200 TLC.

1. Anybody have more long term feedback on either of these rims?

2. Is it worth dropping to the 17" rim over the 18" to get the +35mm offset?

3. I don't mind minor trimming. I read the database and looks like some have rubbing with a 285/70/18. Is it better to stick with the 275?

I'm thinking this is a pretty good look. The pic is a GX but you get the picture of what I'm shooting for.
1.jpg

Thanks,

TR

I've eyed this company for while, their rims are incredibly light iirc. But, I think the load rating is a bit low so I'd check that first.

From my experience running 33s and now 35s, +35 offset is really a good balance. For 33" tires, it's more correct for scrub radius and handling than +25 would be. For 35" tires, +35 is the ideal offset that makes everything magically fit under the fender without having to do funny things with limiting suspension travel, alignments and cutting for clearance, and maximizing space for aggressive tires. If you don't ever anticipate going to full fat 35x12.5 tires and beyond, +25 offset can work.

17 vs 18s. Smaller overall diameters may warrant 17s. Going to 33s and larger, it's not so critical and functionally doesn't make much difference off-road unless you race or live life off-road. On-road, I think there's a real detriment to handling sharpness too small on wheel size relative to overall diameter.

Details to consider but it may just come down to aesthetics or personal choice as they all can be made to work.

I run the Delta wheels on my 2017 TLC. Love the look, nothing bad to report. With my 285/70/17 BFG KO2's I pushed the front fender liner forward and have not had to remove my front mud flaps.

I've eyed this company for while, their rims are incredibly light iirc. But, I think the load rating is a bit low so I'd check that first.
I've seen it listed that they are max load 2650 lbs per tire. 10600 lbs for the truck, I can live with it. Icons, which are widely liked, range 2750-3100 lbs.

From my experience running 33s and now 35s, +35 offset is really a good balance. For 33" tires, it's more correct for scrub radius and handling than +25 would be. For 35" tires, +35 is the ideal offset that makes everything magically fit under the fender without having to do funny things with limiting suspension travel, alignments and cutting for clearance, and maximizing space for aggressive tires. If you don't ever anticipate going to full fat 35x12.5 tires and beyond, +25 offset can work.

17 vs 18s. Smaller overall diameters may warrant 17s. Going to 33s and larger, it's not so critical and functionally doesn't make much difference off-road unless you race or live life off-road. On-road, I think there's a real detriment to handling sharpness too small on wheel size relative to overall diameter.

Details to consider but it may just come down to aesthetics or personal choice as they all can be made to work.
Great info and just what I needed to hear.

Seems like I'm one of the few still on 33's for the 80 series. I thought I would go 35's but never did, most likely the same for the 200 series. 33's have never held me back except for large ledges but then my idea of rock crawling is different as someone who has owed a real purpose built rock crawler.

I run the Delta wheels on my 2017 TLC. Love the look, nothing bad to report. With my 285/70/17 BFG KO2's I pushed the front fender liner forward and have not had to remove my front mud flaps.
That's what I like to hear. Pushing the fender liner forward looks really easy and keeps all the stock muck protection in place.

Thanks for help, everyone

I found this website which is a nice way to compare tire and rim combos, but it also has a wheel offset function. Plug in the OEM tire and rim offset and then what you are considering.

wheel-offset-calculator

Makes it easy to see the changes you are making and measurements for those changes.

I liked the visual and thought others might also.

TR

Several good options in 34" tires around. It's a pretty easy fit with the wealth of knowledge now available on here. Dial up an offset 25 to 40mm. Add 34s. spend 30 min pushing in the front tire front liners.

Hello 200 Series Forum,

I'm a long time Mud member, 15 year owner of an 80 series LX450 ( ROTW 2007 Builds - ROTW - TroutRunner - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rotw-troutrunner.173896/ ), 10 year owner of a 200 Series TLC and just got a, new to me, 2018 LX570 in Starfire Pearl White.

The LX570 has the dreaded 21" rims. As soon as they wear down, I'm looking to swap them out for new rims and put on a 33" tire. I'd like more sidewall for comfort on rough roads, more tire choices, and because frankly, it will be cheaper in the long run than sourcing a 21" tire at $450 a pop. I have a hard duty wheeler in the 80 series and the 200 TLC does some light duty. The new LX570 will not see major dirt for years to come.

I think I have settled on AlphaEquipt. I like the Command and the Delta's. Commands come in 17" and 18", Delta's in only 17". The 17" options have a +35 and +25 offset choices while the 18" only has +25mm choice. I think the dual valve system is kind of gimmicky and fun at the same time. I've run a 275/70/18 on the 200 TLC for years in the Michelin LTX M/S, been more than pleased and they are snow monsters. Never had rubbing in this size on the 200 TLC.

1. Anybody have more long term feedback on either of these rims?

2. Is it worth dropping to the 17" rim over the 18" to get the +35mm offset?

3. I don't mind minor trimming. I read the database and looks like some have rubbing with a 285/70/18. Is it better to stick with the 275?

I'm thinking this is a pretty good look. The pic is a GX but you get the picture of what I'm shooting for.
View attachment 2587147

Thanks,

TR
26.5 lbs right? Sounds like a good idea.

Several good options in 34" tires around. It's a pretty easy fit with the wealth of knowledge now available on here. Dial up an offset 25 to 40mm. Add 34s. spend 30 min pushing in the front tire front liners.
Yeah, I can see doing that down the road. Probably will go with the +35 offset. Shaping with a heat gun doesn't slow me down a bit.
26.5 lbs right? Sounds like a good idea.
I'm not sure what this means?

If you're talking individual wheel weight, looked around for wheel weights on the AE's and the Commands are at 29lbs for each wheel. I'd expect the others to be in the same ball park.

Yeah, I can see doing that down the road. Probably will go with the +35 offset. Shaping with a heat gun doesn't slow me down a bit.

I'm not sure what this means?

If you're talking individual wheel weight, looked around for wheel weights on the AE's and the Commands are at 29lbs for each wheel. I'd expect the others to be in the same ball park.
I did a quick google search and came across 26.5. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place...the weights of rims are oddly not always included in specifications on all sites...same thing with working weight limits (or whatever the term for that is).

Last edited:
I hear you, got to search around to find all the info.

Did you end up getting them? From tire rack? I called tire rack and Alpha Equipt both said the tundra filament won’t fit over the 200 series front hub bore.

Did you end up getting them? From tire rack? I called tire rack and Alpha Equipt both said the tundra filament won’t fit over the 200 series front hub bore.
That's exactly what they told me when I called them to verify the fitment.
According to them, they hand fitted each wheels to a specific vehicle to validate the fit and 17" will not fit whatsoever.
Well, here's my LX w/ 17" Alphaequipt wheels in action... they must be smoking something nice up there:rolleyes: YMMV.

IMG_0482.jpg

That's exactly what they told me when I called them to verify the fitment.
According to them, they hand fitted each wheels to a specific vehicle to validate the fit.
Well, here's my LX w/ 17" Alphaequipt wheels in action... they must be smoking something nice up there:rolleyes: YMMV.

View attachment 2917796
Thanks. And the center caps fit no problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom