Almost done.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last edited:
Last edited:
also a metal tech cage in the garage, just need to get my a#$ in gear and install it!

also a metal tech cage in the garage, just need to get my a#$ in gear and install it!

Looks pretty freakin sweet, and that cage will definately set it right. Looks like your front shocks are going to limit your axel up travel by quite a bit though, unless I am seeing it wrong. Those are some long ass shocks!

Looks sweet!

Yeah the shocks have limited up travel by design, I am a "Stock" cruiser fan and didnt want to cut up my body and I know it is a debated subject but IMO you really dont need much up travel where as the down travel is the pudding. The shocks are 9012's all around and it ramps about 4' before it leaves the ground so I am pretty sure the up travel isn't hurting me too bad... but I will need to trail test to know for sure as mentined the driveway isnt a very challengin obstacle!

I am a "Stock" cruiser fan and didnt want to cut up my body and I know it is a debated subject but IMO you really dont need much up travel where as the down travel is the pudding.

Stock...... Riiiiiight. I know what you mean and like the uncut look myself.

afaik, with solid axels if one side goes down, the other goes up and vice versa. You just may be limited to wheelin in your driveway :flipoff2: .....till you get shorter travel shocks.

I do have a pair of the F150 tower but I havent installed them I think they would give me another 1.5" or so of up travel, that may get me out of the driveway and at least to the paved road ....

1phrogguy, I dont know how to attach the little head flipping you off like you did but I can tell you to F$%# off too with the keyboard!

:flipoff2:

^
That little dude is like the site's mascot, so don't take it personal... that's why he's smiling! :D

:flipoff2:

sorry 1phrogguy my bad I will learn how to do the flipping you off with a smile thing...

1phrogguy , wouldnt a shorter travel shock limit the down travel on the side that is dropping??, it seems that a shorter up travel would stop or bottom out and the longer travel shock will allow the opposite side to keep dropping despite the one side not being allowed to tuck up anymore. Anyone else have input on this, I guess it could be its own thread.

Didn't you have to cut up the rear quarters to get your axle centered in the wheelwells after doing your spring flip? If so, why not just buy or make some tube front fenders, cut your apron, and tuck your new fenders up so you won't have to worry about damage as much.
That's a pretty sweet truck you got yourself and i'd hate to see something like too long of shocks ruin your ability to fully enjoy your wheeling.
Either way, nice work.

Kevin

diggin the look man!
i've always been kind of envious of you square bezel guys, ha ha

also might look into flippin your front shackles...i think they're on upside down.

the anti-inversion bar is supposed to be closer to the frame than to the spring, the way it is now when the spring tries to cycle upwards, the anti-inv. bar will bind it up (pretty sure you've got em on right in the rear)

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom