All New - 2024 Tacoma Revealed!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am loving the 4x4 4door 6speed manual hopefully with 6 foot bed. Finally something I might be willing to replace my T100 with.

I did a bunch of maintenance on my 2008 Tacoma last month. Considering everything I did, I still spent less than 2 months worth of new car payments...
Every month I DON’T have a truck payment (lease) I give 100% of that money to our asshat federal govt in income tax. If I’m spending that money, it better be for something fun!

Now that some of the 2024 prices have been announced, I've seen some folks complaining about the increases.

I thought you guys might appreciate this excel I threw together comparing MSRP numbers for 2016 and 2024, adjusted for inflation.
taco graph.jpg

Now that some of the 2024 prices have been announced, I've seen some folks complaining about the increases.

I thought you guys might appreciate this excel I threw together comparing MSRP numbers for 2016 and 2024, adjusted for inflation.View attachment 3494503
Thanks for compiling all that. I’m not good with economics but what I gather from this chart is that adjusted for inflation, the prices today are similar to prices in 2016…. However, the average person’s salary has not increased to keep up with inflation.

I'm in a 'no mark up Toyota' group on Facebook that I was using to shop for my 4Runner, and I've seen some of the vspec sheets for incoming Tacoma. The pricing on these is crazy. Mid 50s for a TRD Off Road with the Premium package. The TRD Pro and Trailhunter are going to be over $60k, easy.

Expensive but I’m tempted to sell my 2nd gen off road to get into one of these. the biggest upsides for me are the fully boxed frames and rear coil spring setups.

If it rides anything like the new tundra, it’ll be plush.

Last edited:
Expensive but I’m tempted to sell my 2nd gen off road to get into one of these. the biggest upsides for me are the fully boxed frames and rear coil spring setups.

If it rides anything like the new tundra, it’ll be plush.

I test drove a 3rd gen Tacoma and decided to keep my 2nd gen TRD Sport.
I'll wait for some other early adopters to try it out before I decide if I want to give up my 2nd gen.

Will wait for the TRD Pro and Trailhunter in the spring. Probably about the time the new Landcruiser and GX550 will arrive. One of those 4 will replace my beloved 1994 Landcruiser.

Saw an article this morning about the December release being delayed. Toyota has not secured their mileage certification yet and therefore can't ship to dealers yet! Plenty manufactured and sitting waiting down in Mexico.

Having owned several Tacomas, I hope Toyota figured out how to add some additional headroom in the cab.
From all I've read, they have most definitely addressed the headroom issue!!!

Yup
I have owned all 3 generations of Tacoma. 2nd gen is definitely the favorite of mine. I sold my 3rd gen for an ‘85 60.

Now I’m looking for another 2nd gen for something a little more reliable.
2nd gen seems to be the best daily/overall better truck compared to the 1st and 3rd gens. I had an 05 pre runner that I sold at 205k miles and it drove like new. My current 09 OR has 195k miles and drives like new. I want to say the 2nd gen tacoma is less problematic than a 80 series in similar condition.

So I was wrong you can not get 4 door 4x4 with 6 foot bed and 6speed manual, that sucks. Guess I keeping my T100 for another 20 years.

So I was wrong you can not get 4 door 4x4 with 6 foot bed and 6speed manual, that sucks. Guess I keeping my T100 for another 20 years.

It makes no sense but there has never been the option to get a manual trans with the 4 door long bed Tacoma. I have failed in my attempts to order this configuration on a 2nd and 3rd gen. Toyota creates a whole family of different trim levels and all the unique parts etc...but not a 4 door long bed w/manual trans. Why can't they offer configuration???? Still a mystery to me.

It makes no sense but there has never been the option to get a manual trans with the 4 door long bed Tacoma. I have failed in my attempts to order this configuration on a 2nd and 3rd gen. Toyota creates a whole family of different trim levels and all the unique parts etc...but not a 4 door long bed w/manual trans. Why can't they offer configuration???? Still a mystery to me.
Toyota saves money and increases quality by limiting the number of configurations that they build.

The take rate on the manual transmission is low. My guess is that their data show that the take rate of the manual transmission would be lower on 4-door long bed than on other configurations.

4 door long bed manual with the TRD Off Road package would be awesome.

I don';t suppose a 6 speed swap would be too difficult to do, but for offroading either a dual t-case or Atlas4 would be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom