Alaska Off-Road Warriors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone else watching this on History channel? it's fluffed a bit for the masses and added in fake drama, but 3 of the 5 vehicles are Toyotas. it's a race across Alaska, off road, with 5 teams of "real looking" people. no million dollar trucks. an FJ55 with stock 2F is actually in the lead as of last episode.
Fj55 with 2F
4runner, 1st gen w/ 22re and 35's
4runner 2nd gen
Rover 90 Defender
Jeep(old flat fender) with 350

this is a pic from the show/web page
alaska-off-road-challenge-2014-show-hero-H.jpeg

Is Mark Whatley in there?

After watching a couple of clips....nevermind. Mark would likely not be involved with these yahoos.

you're right, he probably wouldn't be game for the false drama and overacting of a semi-reality show like this. it is a bit entertaining anyway. I have liked watching that iron pig work and hearing the 2F.

It is.

I'm glad he got to make some (hopefully) profit from it. it is fun to watch.

Watching it is just painful, with the drama hyped three times before and four times after the 20 commercial brakes…
But I do love the fact that the toyotas are in there.
The superjeep was apparently about to explode and created a serious situation when the chicken**** weld popped on the front light bar.

Best part so far, was someone stood up for threading lightly on the trees.
He had a point! ;)

any of these shows nowadays are scripted. I'm sure the tree thing was scripted too. it was a good add, to show more trail friendly wheeling people.

yes, the 2 non Toyotas have broken. the jeep with a hack bumper/brush guard and the rover broke a drive shaft. I've seen little actual difficult wheeling, but the spots they did have trouble on looked fun. I'm still gonna watch. just taking it w/ a few grains of salt.:D

I've watched 2 episodes. My first impression...probably reversed the image of responsible wheelers back 20 years. Reinforces the idea that we are all a bunch of redneck hillbillies.

Bc it is so fake and dramatized it turns me off and I like all things off road.

4CornersTV.com visited the Glade 2 weekends ago. Had fun. http://www.4cornerstv.com/channel/in-the-neighborhood/episode/813#.VIsrVL6HE20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom