Alaska Cruiser Trek 80 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that a sticker on the camp chair or is it actually "embroidered" (no idea how to spell that word). In any event, it's pretty cool and almost makes you look past those ugly colors.

CLC camp chair.jpeg.jpg

Is that a sticker on the camp chair or is it actually "embroidered" (no idea how to spell that word). In any event, it's pretty cool and almost makes you look past those ugly colors.

View attachment 1300021
He sings the songs and prints the fugly chairs...

That was a failed attempt to print the backs of the chairs. The back was padded and it didn't print well to say the least.

They really didn't look that bad. I'm just giving you a hard time ;)

That plastic hinge is suspect at best. I bet if that was aluminum it would magically become a awning that did not need poles in low wind.

Was it unusable after that?
Bossmans actually is aluminum hinges if I recall right. That must have been an early design. You would still need poles either way.

The rack and tent question for Jrobs rig: rack did great and stayed tight. The tent was bad ass! No nut to butt in that roomy tent. Mattress was super comfortable and getting in and out was not too much trouble. Didn't take the zip on room. Would have been a PITA moving every day like we did. Glad we had the awning. Rained some and it was nice to cook and sit under.

Yes we used it and it was great! Not sure if there were any pics taken of any cooking action. You know us, we are more concerned with beer drinking than taking pics.

Saw Jrobs 80 last night at the meeting and all I can say is wow!! That truck had a million scratches on it from the AK trip and almost all of them buffed out! I remember saying to him "man Stacy is gonna whip yo ass when she sees this thing" (it's really her truck). Unreal! Looks great!

Saw Jrobs 80 last night at the meeting and all I can say is wow!! That truck had a million scratches on it from the AK trip and almost all of them buffed out! I remember saying to him "man Stacy is gonna whip yo ass when she sees this thing" (it's really her truck). Unreal! Looks great!

Fred Alexander is awesome. Not sure if he is 2 buckets awesome but he is awesome.... 601-906-7879

So onward through the adventure....

You saw the picture of Chris enjoying his favorite camping spot, the "Alpine" location. We had a long day that first day and when we got to the camp it was easily 11:00 PM, but it looked like it was about 5 in the afternoon. We slapped together camp and busted out some kabobs for dinner. This spot was a special spot because we camped in a tundra/meadow above tree line. The flowers were in bloom and the view was of glacial moraine, a hanging glacier, and snow capped mountains all around. It was very beautiful and worth the stop. We ended up staying there 2 nights. The second day there, we packed up for some exploring along the Chistochina River. There are multiple forks into the hills and originating from glaciers.

We actually encountered other humans on our exploring adventure. About 20 college kids from the Naval Acadamy and Yale were on a 30 day hike in the area as a class. Good kids, but boy did they stink. They had been out for 14 days and after the fact, we really should have offered them a shower.

This is also the day we went to "Glacier 13." This is what Mark calls it because it's the 13th glacier he found. From all I can tell on maps, it's a part of the Tok Glacier. This is also where we had our first airdrop from @jrob's father, Leonard and his friend Frank. Theses two fellas really made this trip possible for the CLC crew by driving the rigs up and back. While in AK, Leonard furthered his pilot hobby and flew a ton!

Bossman in one of the Chistochina forks.
chistochina bossman.jpg

Tok Glacier

tok glacier.jpg

Ice tunnel on the glacier.
ice tunnel.jpg

Last edited:
I love you Heather! ;)

image.jpeg

Got lucky on the rear Aussie Locker. Found both halves of a broken pin but no sign of the spring. Robbed one from another diff to get this one going again. Need to order some replacements. Diff looked just fine otherwise :)

image.jpeg

Next little project...not sure when I did this but it's gotta be fixed. Just hope I can get in there to it without having to pull the whole snorkel out to do it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom