Alaska Cruiser Trek 2006 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lowenbrau said:
Just for interest sake I made up a preliminary schedule. Its similar to what I did in 2001 only we're running up the Stewart Cassiar and returning via the Alaska HIghway this time.

Sat Jul 1 Final Prep Day (and Canada Day!)
Sun Jul 2 Depart Calgary AB for Vanderhoof BC 550 mi, 10.5 hours... Meet Charla (yeah!)
Mon July 3 Depart Vanderhoof BC for Dease Lake BC 540 mi. 10.5 hours
Tues Jul 4 Depart Dease Lake BC for Whitehorse YT 407 mi. 7.5 hours
Wed Jul 5 Depart Whitehorse YT for Tok AK 389mi. 8 hours
Thurs Jul 6 Depart Tok AK for McCarthy AK (est.) 300 mi (est.) 8 hours
Fri Jul 7 Depart McCarthy AK for Glennallen AK (est.) 150 mi (est.) 4 hours
Sat Jul 8 ACT 2006 begins!
Sun Jul 9 In a swamp
Mon Jul 10 Mosquito bitten
Tues Jul 11 Exhausted
Wed Jul 12 Broke down
Thurs Jul 13 Dirty
Fri Jul 14 Hungry
Sat Jul 15 Recover in AK civilization
Sun Jul 16 Depart Anchorage AK for Valdez AK 296 mi. 6 hours
Mon Jul 17 Day in Valdez AK
Tues Jul 18 Depart Valdez AK for Destruction Bay YT 476 mi 10 hours
Wed Jul 19 Depart Destruction Bay YT for Liard Hot Springs BC 565 mi 11 hours
Thurs Jul 20Day in the Hot springs
Fri Jul 21 Depart Liard Hot Springs BC for Fort ST. John BC 425 mi. 7.5 hours
Sat Jul 22 Day in Fort St. John… last day with Charla (booh)
Sun Jul 23 Depart Fort St, John BC for Calgary AB 595 mi. 9.5 hours
Mon Jul 24 Back to work[/QUOTE

So Boopie, does this mean that my Canadian brotheran will be joining me in the most beutiful place in Alaska

Oooh what shall we do, hmmmm? :cheers: :bounce:

Greg]

Mark, I need to get with you some time soon & go over this trip. Im about to pick up a new rig & build it for this summer so you have a idea I will be bustin my hands up getting ready for this run. See you soon..Some time this week.

ODDBALL said:
Mark, I need to get with you some time soon & go over this trip. Im about to pick up a new rig & build it for this summer so you have a idea I will be bustin my hands up getting ready for this run. See you soon..Some time this week.

What are you lookin at gettin? Toyota?

cruiseroutfit said:
Good Call, this happened recently to a club member (Safado), the projectile put a dent in another members (dmc) Cruiser. Replace them before you need them... :D

The dent was very small compared to the damage it could have caused. I hate to think what would have happened had it not glanced off the ledge between us. A few shattered windows at least. A huge dent in the back of my skull at the worst. I'm changing from the hoops to the hooks simply to remove the added weight of the d ring in case of something breaking loose.
dmc

ODDBALL said:

Curtis, Have you gotten the info/application packet opened and looked through it yet? Anyway, give a call, drop a note or stop by. ;)

Mark...

coldtaco said:
Could you send me a info packet for the July run? Would like to look through it and see if my rig would be up to it. Also, where do you stand with the number of signed up participants? Thanks.

Send me your email addy. If you can send attachments via PMs, I can't figure out how..

The number of participants is still fluid. Looking like about 20-25 total at the moment (folks coming from outside, locals, support rigs and everything). It'll firm up soon.

Mark...

I realized tonight that I had your addy. I missed that you had emailed me direct already.

Packet on the way tonight.

Mark...

Mark if you could please email me a packet too. Very doubtful that I could actually swing it but I would almost kill to go on the trip :) andre at shoumatoffmedia.com

On the way. ;)

Mark...

fuelnjktr said:
Mark, as much as I would LOVE to do this run, I can't figure out a reasonable way to get my truck from San Diego to Anchorage. Round trip would be almost 7,000 miles...towing my 40 the whole time. Do the math on gas! I guess I will have to settle for watching the slide shows when its all over![/
QUOTE]

I'll add a little info on shipping. I shipped a 100 series from Bellingham to Anchorage last year. $1200.00 W/O inssurance

Certainly an option

Greg

I will be calling you durring the week or even swing out to your shop this week Mark. I am taking advantage of our nice sunny weather & building the new rig. I will chat with you soon. The Fuel stash at Yako should be a green.:cheers: he guy's name is Andy.

Hi Curtis,

It's looking like we'll probably locate the fuel cache near the confluence of the Big and Lil' Oshetna rivers. We'll probably be going by the mine with plenty of fuel in everyone's tanks still.

Talk to you when you swing by/call.

Later,

Mark...

Just a reminder here for anyone who may have been thinking about joining us for the trek.

Deadline for applications to be returned and in our hands is 1 May 2006. So if you been making plans but haven't let us know that you're heading this way... You've got a week to get the paperwork in.
Any questions, contact me (NOW!) at cruiser@mtaonline.net or (907.373.3789)

Mark...

Mark...

ODDBALL said:
For this summer I will be staying with the X. If I find a Cruzer I will bring it on the next one.:bounce2:
Hey Curtis
A friend told me there was a 55(?) on the side of the parks on the way out to Willow for sale. There is also a 40 series by the truck accesories place near the new hospital on the parks that is for sale. :D
Come on and check them out Curtis, ya know ya want to. :flipoff2:

loquito said:
Hey Curtis
A friend told me there was a 55(?) on the side of the parks on the way out to Willow for sale. There is also a 40 series by the truck accesories place near the new hospital on the parks that is for sale. :D
Come on and check them out Curtis, ya know ya want to. :flipoff2:
I woul love to take a look at them but I am deep in some projects & can't see much time for anything but work. I have a week of axle work to do while I build a TJ & PREP for 2 others. Mark, I need to call you ASAP & get the info & stuff taken care of for this trip. Send me directions to your shop or I will just call durring the day. Thanks

PM on the way.

FWIW, the '40 that Loquito mentions near the hospital is the one that has been discussed on the local board. Full on 350 and one of my SOA conversions. Little to no rust. Asking $7000 and he has more than that in the motor.

I *think* that the '55 on the Parks is a typical Willow beater. At least if it's the one I'm thinking of.

I'll send you a PM with directions.

Mark...

Anyone have the contact info on the 55? I need a good beater, and I need a 55.

Looks like this trip will be a blast. I wish I could go...not much offroad experience though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom