Alaska again! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bette and I along with my sister and brother inlaw will be leaving Monday for 3 weeks!
We rented an RV this time. Will meet up with our friend at Elmendorf for a few days. Have the Salmon guide booked for a day. Back down to Seward for a few days, Anchorage for a couple then driving a big
loop up to Fairbanks with stops at Denali and Talkeetna the last week.
Weather has been wet and cool, but thats ok!

Lane that's great, I have been wanting to get a group to head out there for some adventure wheeling.
Have fun man

Have a great time

been here for 6 days now! 4 of us traveling together in an RV.
Been down to Seward for a couple of days, did a nice boat trip
out to kenai fjords to do some glacier lookin! Weather was perfect, sunny and mid 60's.
Yesterday we did some hiking up in the mtns. there to check out a glacier from above.
Ran into a black bear, about 30 ft away! That was pretty exciting! Salmon fishing with a gyuide on the 8th
then on our way up the Glenn hwy. looping over to Fairbanks, Denali, Talkeetna and back to Anchorage.
Only seen 2 80's a tricked out Hilux from overseas and a mess of rusty minitrucks.

No pics until we get home. Grabbing keyboard time when I find one to use. Salmon fishing was poor.
I caught a small Pink which turned into lunch, a big Chum that went back and had a nice Silver that I lost
right at the boat. Rob landed a monster Chum which was thrown back. Lady on our boat hooked a huge Silver on her first cast!
Spent most of today either on the road or in Talkeetna. We're a few miles outside Denali Nat. Park right now. Wanted to camp there but there wasn't any space. Going back in the morning for the entrance pass and try to get tickets for the bus into the park. We couldn't see the mountain in 2010 when wewere here but this time we are having some awesome weather. Sunny and high 60's.
Saw a few 4Runners in Talkeetna, A nice EarthRomer built on an F350 chassis and a pretty sweet 70 series expo rig from Germany today. Should be in Fairbanks on Sunday then down to Glenallen and back to Anchorage. Still need to try and find a place to stop for some trout fishing. Doing my best to try local beers also!

Few pics, Grizzly in Denali, Denali from about 50 miles away! It's a huge mtn!
Getting ready to eat some salmon.

1ak.jpg

1ak1.jpg

1ak2.jpg

More pics, Exit glacier near Seward, Northwest Glacier on the Kenai. Hiking in Denali Nat. Park

1ak3.jpg

1ak4.jpg

1ak6.jpg

Couple others. Worthington Glacier near Valdez. Inside a crevasse I walked up into.

1ak7.jpg

1ak8.jpg

Nice pictures Lane. Need to get back up there.

Looks amazing! Any idea how close you were to the where that bear attack just happened?

Less than 5 miles from the attack area. Saw this one and shortly after 2 cubs and a female were in the road in front of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom