For Sale [AL] Early FJ40 Frame, Sandblasted and Painted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Based on the number on the frame, it was made around 10/65. It's been sandblasted and painted by the previous owner. Asking $500 obo. I'm located in Cullman, AL.

IMG_7739.JPG

$400 and I will get it registered in Alabama so that you can apply for a title in your state. Alabama won't issue a title for a vehicle this age, but with the registration and a bill of sale you can get it titled anywhere.

$400 and I will get it registered in Alabama so that you can apply for a title in your state. Alabama won't issue a title for a vehicle this age, but with the registration and a bill of sale you can get it titled anywhere.
Looks like a nice frame, and I'm sure it differs state to state, but I'd never be able to get it titled in DE with just a bill of sale and a registration.

I've HEARD (and I swear this is not an "I have a friend wink wink situation") that some people who cannot get / have lost their title in another state would get it registered in Alabama since AL doesn't issue a title for vehicles over a certain age (30 years I think) and then take their AL registration and a bill of sale and get it titled in another state. It's my understanding that other states realize that basically with an AL vehicle of this age that this is essentially all the documentation that one can provide and so they accept it. On an old vehicle like this, the sheriff has to come out and do a VIN inspection and sign a form that you have to take to the court house in order to get your registration, so it's been checked to insure it wasn't stolen.

I had until recently a 1962 Cadillac Coupe DeVille which had a title when I bought it from another state. Alabama would not issue me a title for it, simply because they don't, so I kept the old one just for nostalgia sake.

Looks like a nice frame, and I'm sure it differs state to state, but I'd never be able to get it titled in DE with just a bill of sale and a registration.

im sure there is a way for it to be done in delaware but it probably isn't easy. In CT it is exactly like the dlathem says. No title is not a big deal from any state but you need a registration and bill of sale. Might as well get the bill of sale notarized while you're at it. I don't see how getting a frame registered is going to help without vin plates though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom