airconditioner wet itself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so, there's this canister doohickey on the front of the engine bay that's part of the air conditioning system. on the top of the canister, on the side, there's a bolt that looks like it had a little ball of solder in it. the little ball of solder is now sitting on top of the canister along with a bunch of greenish fluid, :eek: and the air conditioner isn't cooling.

is this little ball of solder normal, like i should try to solder it back and refill the system, or should i go look for a replacement for this bolt? what's it called? what's it for?

thanks y'all.

condenser.jpg

System overheated. The solder is a fuse. Time for a new one and figure out what went wrong. Rex is a supporter and a member here. 1972FJ55
CoolStream

Yes, call Rex at Coolstream... He's in Tucson, he'll tell you what you need and what to look for. He's a former FJ60 owner, too.

That's a "fuse plug" designed to protect the system if it overheats, just like cruiserfj45 said. Sometimes they fail for no apparent reason but you would definitely want to check the system over to avoid it happening again. I can possibly match your old plug, but it might be easier to just buy a new drier. An aftermarket drier is only $12. Once you get it back operational, watch the high-side pressure, you want to keep it under 250 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom