Air filter volume (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
I installed a air filter off a new chevy car with a high output V6.

My conccern is it big enough for the amount of flow?

We installed a frieghtliner air filter gauge which tells you when your filter needs changing out. Once installed it pulled so little vacume that it did not even move the gauge.

Guess it is large enough.

Rob
DSC00974.JPG

is it on the 1HZ? I think it is plenty big enough for the airflow.

IMOP

hows the gauge work. is it like my time to replace the Brita Filter on my water Jug? I have seen those on trucks before. I thought as they got plugged up and caused more restriction they moved the needle.
so when new you would not even have a slight pull? and if that engine is has low airflow even less chance of a vacuum.

if that gauge is ment for a frieghtliner I bet it never gets it to the red. the engine would never pull hard enough...maybe? I dunno.

Yep, its on the 1HZ.

The gauge is spring loaded with a reset button on top.

According to my marine diesel buddy he said it would work on big or small engines, it measures plugged or dirty air filters by vacume.

I can actually pull the gauge into the replace mode by sucking on the end of it lightly.

It starts are 5- 8- 12.

I put my hand over the intake and slowly closed my fingers, watching the gauge rise.

Rob

brownbear said:
is it on the 1HZ? I think it is plenty big enough for the airflow.

IMOP

hows the gauge work. is it like my time to replace the Brita Filter on my water Jug? I have seen those on trucks before. I thought as they got plugged up and caused more restriction they moved the needle.
so when new you would not even have a slight pull? and if that engine is has low airflow even less chance of a vacuum.

if that gauge is ment for a frieghtliner I bet it never gets it to the red. the engine would never pull hard enough...maybe? I dunno.

I have those gauges on all the diesels I work on at work. They never seem to work gradually. One minute their 100% the next they are 20% or so. They do work though.
Can you find the spec for the air filter/housing to compare with the HZ spec. Thats kinda neat. You need a cfm meter.

Cheers

thats cool, what is the filter light for on top of the pre heat light?

That same guage is the one we have on the new Cummins at work. Its a good reminder, people seem to forget to regularly change their air filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom