AHC Slider Strength? (1 Viewer)

Hey guys,

I'm currently on AHC, which is working well for me right now and I like others basically plan to run it until it fails. I have seen that all the sliders that are AHC compatible only have 2 support out riggers vs. 3 for the non-AHC.

(Measured AHC high vs. friends 2.5 Slee/OME and rear was basically the same front was higher on AHC. Stock)

I need sliders, I actually touched a rocker last weekend. I don't really want to wait till post AHC but I also dont want "weaker" sliders.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brandon

pQ82wcr

5HL0CIr

Hey guys,

I'm currently on AHC, which is working well for me right now and I like others basically plan to run it until it fails. I have seen that all the sliders that are AHC compatible only have 2 support out riggers vs. 3 for the non-AHC.

(Measured AHC high vs. friends 2.5 Slee/OME and rear was basically the same front was higher on AHC. Stock)

I need sliders, I actually touched a rocker last weekend. I don't really want to wait till post AHC but I also dont want "weaker" sliders.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brandon

pQ82wcr

5HL0CIr

Get a quote from Cruisin' Offroad. They have 3 outriggers. They wrap around the bottom side of the frame, so no hardware catches on the low end:

Cruisin' Offroad Sliders

Considering they are priced in Canadian dollars, i'll bet you'll get a better price from Jason than anywhere else too! They cost me $725 CAD, which is about $560 USD at current rates. Tough as any out there too.

Get a quote from Cruisin' Offroad. They have 3 outriggers. They wrap around the bottom side of the frame, so no hardware catches on the low end:

Cruisin' Offroad Sliders

Considering they are priced in Canadian dollars, i'll bet you'll get a better price from Jason than anywhere else too! They cost me $725 CAD, which is about $560 USD at current rates. Tough as any out there too.

I've been happy with my white knuckle off-road sliders so far, but haven't done anything to *really* need them yet. I wish I had known about those cruisin off-road sliders when I bought mine!

I really like those Cruisin offroad sliders. The way they mount is a great design, leaves one less thing down there to catch stuff.

Hopefully they get back to me and the shipping is not insane.

I have the Slee SliderSteps and really like them. The Slee ones seem to use really heavy duty metal and hardware so that should negate not having the third attachment point. I feel middle post is only needed with lighter materials to distribute the load. These two statements are opinion only based on a 16 year old mechanical engineering degree I have never used so take that with a grain of salt.

Ramathorn15

Supporting Vendor
I have the opor ahc sliders and they're beefy. I have yet to drop on rocks but I have put jack stands under the front and it held the weight of the vehicle without any visible flex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom