AHC FLUID FLUSH ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve done all of the fluids on the 570, and the last thing on my check list is the AHc fluid. After removing the panel behind the rear passengers tire I see the hose that goes down to the reservoir. I twisted the “top” off and went to push my tube down into the reservoir to extract the fluid. The tubing will not go more then a quarter inch before it hits something and stops.

Are you removing the larger black hose directly at the reservoir to extract the fluid?

thank you.

There are lots of threads here and video on YouTube. I would recommend you check them out before diving in.

if you pull the stopper out of the reservoir there is a screen behind it that you can also pull out. Clear shot to the tank after that.

Absolutely do not let it run out of fluid or you’re going to have a bad day. Good luck!

There are lots of threads here and video on YouTube. I would recommend you check them out before diving in.

if you pull the stopper out of the reservoir there is a screen behind it that you can also pull out. Clear shot to the tank after that.

Absolutely do not let it run out of fluid or you’re going to have a bad day. Good luck!
Thank you, I have looked at several threads but for some reason I never picked up on the screen. I have done my kids LX 470s multiple times and have been successful.

I got a better angle visually and removed the small screen at the top of the tube. Unfortunately even after doing that I could only get my tubing maybe 4 inches in and then it stoped again with no fluid at the end when I pulled it back out.

fun times indeed

Thank you, I have looked at several threads but for some reason I never picked up on the screen. I have done my kids LX 470s multiple times and have been successful.

I got a better angle visually and removed the small screen at the top of the tube. Unfortunately even after doing that I could only get my tubing maybe 4 inches in and then it stoped again with no fluid at the end when I pulled it back out.

fun times indeed
I could only get a ¼" tube in there and I had to wiggle it until it actually went all the way in

I could only get a ¼" tube in there and I had to wiggle it until it actually went all the way in
Gotcha, I’ll try again and wiggle it.

i cannot see the fluid level at all. Should I just measure what I take out and then put the same amount back in each time I remove old fluid either from the reservoir or at the 4 accumulator/actuators?

Thanks for all of your help on a holiday weekend!

Gotcha, I’ll try again and wiggle it.

i cannot see the fluid level at all. Should I just measure what I take out and then put the same amount back in each time I remove old fluid either from the reservoir or at the 4 accumulator/actuators?

Thanks for all of your help on a holiday weekend!
You have to place a flashlight behind the tank to be able to see the level. Unless your flashlight is small, you might have to drop the spare tire to properly place the flashlight.

I had to use 1/4” as well. Flashlight on top of your spare shooting out to the side should get it for you.

Try this thread:

So I guess I am officially lazy. I said screw it, and I raised the vehicle up to max height, bled a corner .5 liters, put in a fresh .5 liters then repeated each corner twice For a total of 4 liters drained and 4 fresh liters added.

I didn’t use a flashlight for levels, or lower the spare tire, or drain the reservoir.

I put in what I took out and measured it in a large beaker to be exact. Took me 2 hours and the vehicle rides good.

Just another way of doing it I guess. I was pretty beat after doing an oil change, tranny flush of 12 quarts, t case, both diffs, and the power steering Flush.

I think I could do it in much less time if I had a shorter 10mm spanner and more flexible tubing to bleed with.

Thanks again.

This thread felt like a conversation with my 10 yo. Even after given instruction, he's determined to do it his way.

Not bagging on you at all Hokie. You accomplished your goal and that's all that matters. Just humorous the way the thread reads.

This thread felt like a conversation with my 10 yo. Even after given instruction, he's determined to do it his way.

Not bagging on you at all Hokie. You accomplished your goal and that's all that matters. Just humorous the way the thread reads.
Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom