Aftermarket seats..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2002 Jaguar S-type Seats
228.jpg

JTeeg said:
2002 Jaguar S-type Seats

Those look nice.... Were you able to keep the power options?? If so, how do we keep them dry? Are these any S-type seats or is the S-type a singular option?

Thanks

Those look nice.... Were you able to keep the power options?? If so, how do we keep them dry? Are these any S-type seats or is the S-type a singular option?

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment. S=type refers to the model Jaguar I salvaged the seats from.

I had to do a little bit of investigation to figure out the controls, but I was able to retain the full functionality of the seats - 12 way motion, lumbar, and 2 power levels for the seat heaters. The controls are mounted fairly high in the seat and I used weatherpack connectors on all connections. I doubt the controls would withstand being submerged, but a little moisture shouldn't cause any trouble. My days of submerged the 40 to the windshield are long past...

I also added a couple of custom switches from Drew and LEDs to control the seat heaters.
Seat heater switches.jpg

Last edited:
From my best guess - I've got an early 80's Chevy Van bench seat...and in no way would I recommend it.

Does anyone have a shot of a set of SCAT ProCar 90's installed in their rig? I'm thinking of going to them, someday.
FJ40 Seat Cover Large.jpg

Here is a good article on installation of the Procar seats. I am not sure what adapter might be necessary for a 40. I am sure I would have to make something for my application.
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/assembling-the-procar-by-scat-seats-for-the-ultimate-ride/

These are the adapters IPOR uses but I am trying to secure a seat to the rail that is above a tool box in my '72.

1973-78 FJ40 Driver: SCA-81598; Passenger: SCA-81599
1979+ FJ40 Driver: SCA-81590; Passenger: SCA-81590

my driver's seat is very similar to the Procar - we took the rails it came with off and mounted the OEM 40 rails to it with a plate

no idea how to mount one on the passenger side, I kept the bench there
seat 2.jpg
seat 3.jpg
seat 5.jpg

I recently put some manual FJ80 seats in my FJ55, they have a nice low profile that gives you plenty of room under the fixed wheel (same issue as 40s). I bolted them to the brackets that the '70s van seats that came with my truck used, could be easily modified to work with any type of mount:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, they have Endura Great Covers on them, can get pics of the mounts if anyone is interested.

Tucker

Last edited:
Gregor said:
Seats were craigslist find & built brackets

Love the car seat! My son loves riding in the cruiser too.

:eek: on the price

Here's some BMW E-36 Series seats. I especially like them because they tilt forward.
Seats 7 (Feb 2011).jpg
Seats 6 (Feb 2011).jpg

One day I really would like to figure out a cooled seat option for my 77 FJ40. I have seen a few aftermarket cooled seats but I want something that really cools off the seats so I am not sweaty when I arrive somewhere most days here in Texas. I need airflow plus cooled if possible. PG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom