Aftermarket seats..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

here is a pic of mine apc have holes for 4 pnts and adjust all the way back slide about six inces back and fro. you can also remove track to have them start and stop werever u want handy when building brackets sorry about the covers have no pic with them off seat cost $150 each

Last edited:
not to spoil the party, but I recently ordered a seat from PRP and was really disappointed: every line of the stitching was asymmertrical and crooked, the vinyl had a rip (not a shipping problem, they must have packed it damaged), the lumbar support didn't work, also, the lumbar support crank handle was sticking out by 6 inches and was on the wrong side of the seat. Finally, the angle of the seat was much more laid back than they said on their website and on the phone; most of the dimensions didn't match what they had committed to in the order AND in written confirmation. Needless to say, it didn't fit, had to send it back. They did not offer to make it right, I would have gladly taken them up on it. I had heard good things about the company from a buddy, but maybe since they were bought out, quality may have declined......

then I went to Mastercraft, highly favored by the hubby. On the phone, they said they could build a seat 20 inches wide, but when it came to odering, they would only go down to 21 inches. I needed 20 or slimmer to be able to keep the passenger OEM bench, no luck here either.

finally went with a pair of racing seats off Ebay for less than the one PRP (and far cheaper than the one Mastercraft would have been). Dimensions exactly as posted in their diagram, fits. Advantages, folds for rear access, really good support all around; disadvantages, the side support is so high, the hubby can't comfortably fit in the driver seat, and the slider mechanism that came with the seat had a bar that was sticking out too much into the foot area. We mounted a stainless steel plate onto the OEM sliders, and then mounted the seat onto that using the mounting holes that came with the seat and drilled one extra.

Pictures soon to come.

DSRTRDR said:
not to spoil the party, but I recently ordered a seat from PRP and was really disappointed: every line of the stitching was asymmertrical and crooked, the vinyl had a rip (not a shipping problem, they must have packed it damaged), the lumbar support didn't work, also, the lumbar support crank handle was sticking out by 6 inches and was on the wrong side of the seat. Finally, the angle of the seat was much more laid back than they said on their website and on the phone; most of the dimensions didn't match what they had committed to in the order AND in written confirmation. Needless to say, it didn't fit, had to send it back. They did not offer to make it right, I would have gladly taken them up on it. I had heard good things about the company from a buddy, but maybe since they were bought out, quality may have declined.......

Sorry to hear, Ive had mine for about 3 years, Ive been very happy, But mine were also fairly staightforward, No lumbar and such, Ive thought about making mine tilt forward, It would only need two pins. I think if they are too laid back, You might have needed to have a taller rear bracket, But thats only a guess, When I had my cage built the guy's had me come in and they fit it to my needs. I will admit it was way different than what I was use to but it wasnt hard to get use to.
Once again, Sorry to hear.
Good luck :cheers:

bustanutley said:
attachment.php

Dude can you show me a pic of your passenger side or your a-b spreader and seat mount, I have been trying to figure out how I was going to build mine and keep the seats low, and you have the same style truck as mine. Looking to see what you did around the gas tank. looking to rock out with the same seats too, I think those are the ones, similar at least

:beer:

Sorry, I missed this post... :cheers:
I have a pic at work, Its a custom cage built buy a bunch of Ford guy's :rolleyes: I will see what I can find, I will get some pics out ASAP, Would you like a PM or ????
Have fun

Yep, $75 for Boneyard 2002 Honda Civic seats - another bolt in swap with little work on a 79/40

I like my favorite addition to my truck! The Land Cruiser Beer opener :beer:

Last edited:
Vitesse_6 said:
Sorry, I missed this post... :cheers:
I have a pic at work, Its a custom cage built buy a bunch of Ford guy's :rolleyes: I will see what I can find, I will get some pics out ASAP, Would you like a PM or ????
Have fun

Pm would be great, hook me up :)

freightdog: Good one Toad!

Nice documentation -
I like your opener better, but it doesn't look like it'll hold the door closed :)

On thread: I used seats from an Integra for a year or 2 before going back to the stockers.

PRP "Daily Driver" seats with seat tray mounted to cage- fab by WickedFabrication in Santa Clara. Seats are really comfy- more so than my old prelude seats, though could use some lumbar support though. I am exploring getting a lumbar "bladder" that Corbeau sells for their seats. The seat tray is removeable so you can get to the tank and tunnel cover.

rollCage_0008s.JPG

rollCage_0004s.JPG

rollCage_0003s.JPG

-Dustin

TLCSKULLS said:
I put these in and really like them. Easy install, pretty durable, reasonable price. And you can get a heater kit to install in them later:D

http://tinyurl.com/rba4h

I run the same 1974 rig... can you please provide more details on what rail system you had to use to get these to work? Did you have the stock rails in your rig? Did you mount right to that stock rail or need to buy one of their rail kits?

any photos of your install please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom