Aftermarket radio will not turn off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

So ive been installing an new radio and separate amp for speakers, to somewhat of a success except for the radio will not turn off. Yesterday I had the radio installed but not the 24/12 converter for the amp and the radio turned off as it should when the key was removed. Today with the amp's 24/12 converter installed, the amp will turn off (im assuming, since sound ceases) but the radio stays on. Im hoping it is something obvious that im missing in the new converter install.

My wiring is like this

- Radio is connected to a factory 24/12 converter using a wiring harness for Power, Ground and Switch

- Amp is connected to the radio with their factory wiring harness, Power to connected to the converter, Ground to a spot under the glove box.

- Converter for the amp, Power is from the high side battery, Ground is low side battery, Switch is from ACC in the Power Outlet Box

Thanks for any help

I figured out the issue, but im not sure what is the best way to go about fixing it.

There is a factory radio 24v/12v converter, Model No. 86206-600031, which is the culprit. Cig (ACC) and Dome (constant) go in the convertor, and somehow both radio constant and ACC are powered on output even when the key is out and ACC is off everywhere else. This is definitely beyond my knowledge to repair the convertor, photos are below if anyone is interested. I marked an broken looking component.

I have another voltage convertor that has a remote on/off triggered by the ACC switch, which I can use for the radio switch. If I use the constant from the factory convertor, is it going to drain the battery? I dont think it would as the it has not before, but now with this issue, maybe?

IMG_2670.jpeg

What you are saying is quite unusual and doesn't make sense. It can't be factory setup the way you describe it.
What kind of TLC you've got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom