Aftermarket CV Boot Kit Price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to reboot my driver side CV before it dies, I can find the OEM boot kit for $50. Is that the best bang for the buck or is there an after market kit that will be a better value?

I replaced the CV axles on our 2008 from some from Amazon. I think it was like $90 shipped for both sides of full cv axles. I read that they are the same as what Napa uses.....I found that on some site.....while I can’t confirm that I can say they were very sturdy and seemed well made.

Just get OEM, its only $50 for BOTH inner and outter with VERY HIGH QUALITY Grease.

I purchased 2 sets of OEM after 1 of my Red boots decided to fail prematurely. The kit came with both boots, both grease, both C clips, both clamps,

I was just wheeling with a buddy and my 3 month old CVJ red boot managed to get punctured.

I'm installing a new diff so I'm taking the axles out this weekend anyway. I'm going to go with either OEM or a Napa boot. Which ever is in stock.

$50 for both boots is a good deal IMO.

$50 was optimistic, itll be closer to $60 with shipping. What type of clamp pliers are needed for this kit?
1574194585237.png

I was able to use a pair of nipper pliers for the outter boot... and for the inner normal pliers worked fine to set the tension.

No experience with non-OEM kits, but I recently bought a set of OEM reboot kits from ebay for about $60/each. I rebooted the driver's side this past weekend. For the outer boot I used these pliers: Amazon product ASIN B0002SREPY (Lisle 30800 CV Boot Clamp Pliers). Like @vwynn said, the inner boots just need a pair of needle-nose pliers to close.

Also, I watched this video about the rebooting process beforehand: