Aftermarket carb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I just finished the install on my weber, and the directions say I need a hot lead off the ignition other than the positive side of the coil. Can I run it from the positive side of the resistor? It needs 12.5V and I dont know where else to run it to other than into the back side of the fuse block. Thanks.

Mike

The closest place to the carb to get 12V is the lead that went to the ICO (Idle Cut Off) solinoid. So basicly you should not have to run any wires just plug the choke to the ICO wire that went to the factory carb.

76fj55,

My rig has never had a factory carb in it, so I am uncertain as to where that lead would be. Under the hood, there is a lead at the end of the wiring string for the temp sensors on the head. The lead is very close to the carb location. Is that the one? If not, cruiserfish, you hooked it to the resistor or the fuse box?

thanks guys.

We call it a voltmeter. Meet it, learn it, love it. That will tell you if your mystery wire will power your solinoid.

Ha, Ha! dd113.. nice post, I am an electrical retard though, it could be shocking me and I'd wonder if if was hot.. and wiring diagrams look like abstract art.. I figured it out though, the positive resistor connection worked for me! The choke is now operational, and the mystery wire is still just sitting there waiting to be connected to something by some other person.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom