1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket carb question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by offcamber40, Nov 13, 2003.

1. offcamber40

offcamber40

Hey guys,
    I just finished the install on my weber, and the directions say I need a hot lead off the ignition other than the positive side of the coil. Can I run it from the positive side of the resistor? It needs 12.5V and I dont know where else to run it to other than into the back side of the fuse block. Thanks.

Mike

2. CRUSIERFISH

CRUSIERFISH

thats where i have mine going on my 74 pig w/ weber 32/36

3. 76FJ55

76FJ55

The closest place to the carb to get 12V is the lead that went to the ICO (Idle Cut Off) solinoid. So basicly you should not have to run any wires just plug the choke to the ICO wire that went to the factory carb.

4. offcamber40

offcamber40

76fj55,

My rig has never had a factory carb in it, so I am uncertain as to where that lead would be. Under the hood, there is a lead at the end of the wiring string for the temp sensors on the head. The lead is very close to the carb location. Is that the one? If not, cruiserfish, you hooked it to the resistor or the fuse box?

thanks guys.

5. dd113

dd113

We call it a voltmeter. Meet it, learn it, love it. That will tell you if your mystery wire will power your solinoid.

6. offcamber40

offcamber40

Ha, Ha! dd113.. nice post, I am an electrical retard though, it could be shocking me and I'd wonder if if was hot.. and wiring diagrams look like abstract art.. I figured it out though, the positive resistor connection worked for me! The choke is now operational, and the mystery wire is still just sitting there waiting to be connected to something by some other person.

Mike