Adding Oil Pressure Gauge to 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I've done a lot of searching, but can't seem to find any threads on adding an oil pressure gauge to a 2010+ FJ.

Specifically, I can't figure out where the oil pressure sender switch is! :(

Could you guys help me?

Thanks,

Muddy1

On the earlier models (without the cartridge-type oil filter), it's located on the oil filter mount. I've never seen a late one, so I don't know, but did you look on or near where your cartridge filter mounts?

On the earlier models (without the cartridge-type oil filter), it's located on the oil filter mount. I've never seen a late one, so I don't know, but did you look on or near where your cartridge filter mounts?
Yes, that's why I'm asking. I spent awhile looking under the hood where the oil filter mount USED to be, but I don't see anything that looks like a normal oil pressure switch. Seems like a dumb noob question, but I really can't find it.

Thanks,

Muddy1

Don't know how much this will help, but connector B28 on the attached wiring diagram is for the engine oil pressure switch.

Attachments

• EM0240U.pdf
    119 KB · Views: 421
Hi guys,

I've done a lot of searching, but can't seem to find any threads on adding an oil pressure gauge to a 2010+ FJ.

Specifically, I can't figure out where the oil pressure sender switch is! :(

Could you guys help me?

Thanks,

Muddy1
Where do you plan to mount the gauge?

The Oil Pressure Switch is located on the Oil Filter Housing. It's accessible from the right hand side Wheel Well. You'll need a 24mm Deep Socket. Not sure what kind of Gauge you plan on using. I plan on using an Electric Gauge when I get around to this. Speed Hut has custom Gauges that can be tweaked to match the FJ Cluster.

The Oil Pressure Switch is located on the Oil Filter Housing. It's accessible from the right hand side Wheel Well. You'll need a 24mm Deep Socket. Not sure what kind of Gauge you plan on using. I plan on using an Electric Gauge when I get around to this. Speed Hut has custom Gauges that can be tweaked to match the FJ Cluster.
so goinng off this thread im guessing a pressure gauge will work off the factory sender

You could remove the Factory Oil Pressure Switch. All it does is switch to Ground when the pressure drops below a set limit. Then illuminates a warning light. The Oil Pressure Warning Light wont work again once the switch is removed. An Aftermarket Gauge is an actual Sending unit. It Sends an actual pressure reading to the Gauge. They definitely won't work in conjunction.

Last edited:
Anyone found somewhere to mount the gauge yet? As for the port im going to get a stainless braided line made up and a bracket to holed the t piece to the body or chassis somewhere so the wiegjt isnt hanging off the block

Anyone done this yet

(FJ Mods) - Fuel Gauge.jpg

Anyone found somewhere to mount the gauge yet? As for the port im going to get a stainless braided line made up and a bracket to holed the t piece to the body or chassis somewhere so the wiegjt isnt hanging off the block

If you are relocating the sensor way down a line to a T, I do not know if that will give incorrect readings, but it seems like it could.

As far as mounting gauges like in that photo, should be easy. That panel just pulls off and there is a lot of room behind it. I have also seen examples where they take the gauge cluster on top of the dash and retrofit real gauges into it. Talk about cool. Starting gauge project and have some questions.... - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

Ive taken that silver panel off and theres no way aa gauhe fits with out cutting away some structure of the dash

I just dont know how well the alloy threads in the block will hold the weight of a brass t piece and the senders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom