For Sale AC setup for FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There seems to be a fair amount of interest in the AC setup from this 1978 FJ55. The system is 100% complete and OEM. I just need to know what a fair price would be for the whole system?

I'm not interested in gouging anyone just getting a fair price to get a portion of my investement in this parts rig back.

Thanks to the list experts who can help with this sort of thing.

Aaron

When you find out what you're going to be asking, let me know, and I may be interested in it.

Sorry I can't help you establish a value, tho.

- J.

I was thinking $250 due to how tough it is to find these parts anywhere. A vintage air aftermarket setup costs $1000- $1200. I had a guy tell me ebay would bring twice what I'm asking...........

I have purchased a complete nearly perfect setup for $250. As much I would love to tell you it is worth $500+, its not. There are no OEM or aftermarket TXV's(expansion valves) avaiible for the systems, and if it is dirty or bad it needs replacement which will require a custom setup$$$ and replumbing of the evaporator. No compressor rebuild parts are availible for any vintage of FJ55 compressors, so a refit is needed if a new compressor is warranted. the design of the OEM brackets for 1975 and newer compressors is not compatable with many(if any?) aftermarket compressors such as a Sanden 508 or others.

The hoses in the OEM setups are not barrier wall, so if you want to charge the setup with r134a, chalk up new hoses to the $$$ and the outdated condensor will likely need to be replaced, as it is not up to the task of adequate cooling with r134a b/c it is not efficient enough and likely pretty beat given its age. Keeping r12 is fine, but it is about $30-70 / lb depending on location/demand and the FJ55 systems take about 2.2 lbs.

You would have to include the balancer on the front of the engine, because it has the third groove(rear most) for a/c compressor if you are trying to keep the factory compressor or location. No other trucks had these except for FJ60's and they are over $100 used from specter and VERY hard to find otherwise.

If you open the system you really MUST replace the reciver dryer(due to the dessicant inside, another $30-40, and this is included in the vintage kit.

Just my lessons learned trying to refit the OEM a/c parts in my cruiser. Not easy and MORE expensive than the vintage kit by the time I was done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom