AC Mag Clutch relay no power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to figure out a no AC issue on my 2000 Lx470.

Here is what I know:
AC light button light is flashing.
AC fuse in the main relay/fuse box in the engine bay is working and getting 12v.
I am getting NO voltage at the MAG Clutch relay.
Jumping the clutch from the magnetic clutch relay with the engine running engages the clutch and I get cold air.
I have no continuity from the AC 20amp fuse and the coil or control side of the magnetic clutch relay.
All other fuses that I can find are working.

Is there a connector that I’m missing? Where is the split in the first photo? That seems to be the only way that continuity can be broken from the fuse to the relay.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

9C1EF29D-9B22-4A1D-8D80-889EC23517C4.jpeg

F5B485BC-3FE0-47B9-B5A7-23ACDD5056AC.png

92E6C53A-165D-4160-BEEF-2E55AFC21A77.png

The "B" wire with R-L is the control side correct?
Did you check for any corrosion on this 20A fuse pins? This same fuse looks like feeding the Vent models/front heater/blower (H,I and J wires: I and J via meter relay) Any functionality issues with these?

The "B" wire with R-L is the control side correct?
Did you check for any corrosion on this 20A fuse pins? This same fuse looks like feeding the Vent models/front heater/blower (H,I and J wires: I and J via meter relay) Any functionality issues with these?
I double checked the fuse, it is good. I do not know where the MTR relay is, so I can’t check the functionality there. I am trying to avoid taking the power distribution box apart as this is a hassle. I did some work adding a bumper and lights it the ac worked for a minute after I was done, and now it doesn’t.

B51F142F-73E3-4152-935A-087465B18AA8.jpeg

Wires don't break on a toyota unless someone mess with the wires.

Check the AC pressure switch wire/wire plug. This is located right below the small headlight on Driverside.

Check the AC pressure switch wire/wire plug. This is located right below the small headlight on Driverside

Check the AC pressure switch wire/wire plug. This is located right below the small headlight on Driverside.
I figured it out. See the picture below. This one connector wasn’t 100% engaged. Once I plugged it in, everything came back oneline.

AEF0BE20-C138-4477-BADB-4F0F36EA2B8F.jpeg

What's with that connector?

It was loose. That’s the connector in the wiring diagram that I was looking for. Now if I can figure out why my horn is stuck on after last night’s rain…
Check the horn relay (not sure where it is) it might have gotten wet and made the bridge between the load side.

Check the horn relay (not sure where it is) it might have gotten wet and made the bridge between the load side.
First place I went. There is a short to ground at the control side of the relay. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the security system. Does anyone know where the factory antitheft module is?

If the AC is low on refrigerant, the clutch won't engage (to prevent you from killing the compressor).

First and foremost, obtain and read the HVAC codes. Goes something like this:

Hold the AUTO and Recirculated air button while turning the key from OFF to ON. Search for codes or see FSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom