AC Compressor for 1HDT Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I'm finishing up the mechanical side of my 1HDT swap into my 1995 80 Series. The AC compressor off of the 1HDT is tagged R12. The system in the truck is R134a. The truck will be filled with R134 for sure at the end.

The compressor from the 1FZ is a long nose and the 1HDT takes a short nose. Other than that (and slightly different top-plates) they're basically identical.

I was looking at a new Denso 471-1433, the correct compressor for the 1HDT, but I can't find any info anywhere as to whether that is strictly R12 or R134a. Or whether it matters that much with a new compressor. Is it OK to run R134a in a new R12 Compressor?

I have heard I *might* get away with changing the nose-cone on my 1FZ compressor with a clutch assembly from a 1HDT compressor. But that assumes my 1FZ compressor is healthy and I have no clue. The clutch is definitely a bit crunchy and who knows if that lunched the front end or if it's just from sitting for many years..

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Some threads on here have suggested a Denso 10pa15c out of a 2002 Kia...

while I can't address all your questions, I can say that the R12 seals will be okay with R134a. outside of draining tall the oil. and installing new service ports, that's pretty much all that's required for retrofit. it's also a great idea to replace the receiver/dryer when you open the system up.
i swear I've read about 60 series compressors working - search that up

I guess that was one of my bigger questions: running 134 in a new R12 compressor. Seem like that’s ok.

She’s getting a new drier, condenser coil, and that balance thingie as well. So that should all be good.

If anyone can suggest a good compressor for the 1HDT I’m all ears. Surprising different prices on various Denso compressor that are all supposed to work. Lol.

Can't help you with the R12 or R134 choices, but if you are looking for a compressor that is similar to the one in the 1-HDT trucks, a Denso version of it was also used in Mazda MPV vans (('94-'95 models if I recall correctly). I picked one up from the junk yard a few years ago but sold it with my truck. It actually has upgraded internals (more pistons I believe) but the fit is the same as the original 1HDT compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom