AC and alternator died simultaneously (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My AC compressor and alternator took a crap on me about 90 miles away from home. I'm guessing one going bad directly affected the other. Luckily, I was able to cut the AC belt since the compressor was seized and run off the rest of my battery to a safer/more populated location. Unfortunately, my insurance towing distance wouldn't get me anywhere near home so had to take it to a local shop to have stored and taken care of. Needless to say, I upgraded my towing range. Lesson learned.

Ordered all my Denso parts from Rockauto, so hopefully I'll be back on the road next weekend.

My AC compressor and alternator took a crap on me about 90 miles away from home. I'm guessing one going bad directly affected the other. Luckily, I was able to cut the AC belt since the compressor was seized and run off the rest of my battery to a safer/more populated location. Unfortunately, my insurance towing distance wouldn't get me anywhere near home so had to take it to a local shop to have stored and taken care of. Needless to say, I upgraded my towing range. Lesson learned.

Ordered all my Denso parts from Rockauto, so hopefully I'll be back on the road next weekend.
Better ask your Insurance Provider if the tow service coverage applies to a breakdown. Most ONLY cover a collision that disables the vehicle.

Other services such as AAA are the general Tow Service and you can sign up for the Platinum Coverage and they will cover 250 miles I think. Check it online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom