ABS Dash Light is On (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happy New year!

I'm sure most of you have had this happen. What is the first thing I should be checking when I troubleshoot?

I already checked the brake fluid. My next sequence is:
inspect the abs and wiring. what next?

Check the booster motor on the master cylinder and avoid driving the truck until you find and repair the fault, especially if the light is accompanied by the warning buzzer. Check the sticky on "total brake failure" and do some searches for brake booster or master cylinder issues for some options.

Check the booster motor on the master cylinder and avoid driving the truck until you find and repair the fault, especially if the light is accompanied by the warning buzzer. Check the sticky on "total brake failure" and do some searches for brake booster or master cylinder issues for some options.
Thanks!

Do you have Techstream running? Last time I had an ABS light, I plugged in Techstream and it indicated code for a wheel sensor.

Do you have Techstream running? Last time I had an ABS light, I plugged in Techstream and it indicated code for a wheel sensor.
Which model do you use?

Where’s the best place to buy sensors?

Use Techstream to find exactly why its throwing an ABS code. I have had wheel sensors go out. Replacement is easy. I went with cheap replacements from Rockauto and they have been holding up great.

Use Techstream to find exactly why its throwing an ABS code. I have had wheel sensors go out. Replacement is easy. I went with cheap replacements from Rockauto and they have been holding up great.
Do you know if the obd tool that Napa rents will give me the code for which sensor is bad?

Which gizmo is the booster motor?

Where's the best place to get a new ABS sensor? These things are crazy priced at the dealer $350.00
Autozone $200.00 and NAPA $200.00
NAPA 3 year warranty and Autozone lifetime warranty.
What do you guys think?

Which gizmo is the booster motor?
I just found out today that its the front right ABS. I'm gonna replace it and then see what happens next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom