About Towing,I Need Your HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, everyone, I'm from China. I love LC200 as much as you do. Because of some usage problems, I began to ask the Toyota technician around me for help, but I found that no one could really answer. When I saw our forum, I was very happy! I think I can have a professional answer to my question! The car I own is the 2020 Land Cruiser 5.7L VXR GTS UAE version. I did not make any modifications. I used it to tow a 1700KG trailer. My question: 1. The downforce of THE RV on LC200 is about 150Kg(Towball download),and the weight of passengers, gasoline and luggage is about 300Kg. Will it cause harm to LC200? AVS AHC suspension, etc... 2. Is manual or automatic better for towing your RV? My English is not good, so the above content is written with translation software, maybe in the grammar or special nouns let you see not understand, but still hope to get everyone's help! Thank you very much! Have a nice day, everyone!

大家好,我来自中国。我和您一样爱LC200。由于某些使用问题,我开始向我周围的丰田技术人员寻求帮助,但我发现没有人能真正回答。当我看到我们的论坛时,我感到非常高兴!我想我可以为我的问题提供专业的答案!我拥有的汽车是2020 Land Cruiser 5.7L VXR GTS UAE版本。我没有做任何修改。我用它拖了一辆1700KG的拖车。我的问题:1. LC 200上的RV的下压力约为150Kg(Towball下载),乘客,汽油和行李的重量约为300Kg。会对LC200造成伤害吗?AVS AHC悬架等... 2.手动或自动拖曳RV更好吗?我的英语不好,所以上面的内容是用翻译软件写的,可能是语法或特殊名词让你看不懂,但仍然希望得到大家的帮助!非常感谢你!祝大家拥有美好的一天!

D5E518FD-4C45-4707-B5A0-D3D1C56D31BB.jpeg

You can take a look here: Toyota Tow Ratings

According to this maximum trailer mass is 8,100 US pounds or 3,600 kg. In the US we refer to the "downard force" on the vehicle as "tongue weight." Toyota determines maximum tongue weight as 10% of maximum trailer mass so 810 US pounds or 360 kg. So you should be good.

There is a good rule of thumb that you want about 10% of trailer mass as tongue weight - you have 150/1700 kg = 9% or so so you are good there.

Generally speaking an automatic transmission is considered superior because it is better at pulling large loads from a stop. (Torque converter.) But a properly driven manual transmission is fine as well.

Hello, Welcome to the forum! Tell us a bit more about RVing in China sometime.
As to your questions, I think you will find that what you are talking about in terms of loads are well within the cruiser's capability. In fact, it is probably fair to say that many of us here are pushing our trucks to much more than what you describe.
For specific 200-related questions, you may want to post in the 200 forum where you'll get more detailed answers.

According to this maximum trailer mass is 8,100 US pounds or 3,600 kg. In the US we refer to the "downard force" on the vehicle as "tongue weight." Toyota determines maximum tongue weight as 10% of maximum trailer mass so 810 US pounds or 360 kg. So you should be good.

There is a good rule of thumb that you want about 10% of trailer mass as tongue weight - you have 150/1700 kg = 9% or so so you are good there.

Generally speaking an automatic transmission is considered superior because it is better at pulling large loads from a stop. (Torque converter.) But a properly driven manual transmission is fine as well.

Thank you very much for your advice! "Tongue weight" is a funny word, I love it! The problem of load has been solved. As for the use of gearbox, 8At or S6, I also see different ideas. Some friends suggest using S6. I am waiting for his specific reply. I will share and discuss with you later. Thanks again for your answer! :)

Hello, Welcome to the forum! Tell us a bit more about RVing in China sometime.
As to your questions, I think you will find that what you are talking about in terms of loads are well within the cruiser's capability. In fact, it is probably fair to say that many of us here are pushing our trucks to much more than what you describe.
For specific 200-related questions, you may want to post in the 200 forum where you'll get more detailed answers.
[/引用]
Thank you very much for your reply! In our country, under the influence of knowledge, law, cost, car environment and other factors, RVS are still in a very initial state. There are many types of products we just see but can't buy. For example, the law stipulates that rV use period for 15 years, the subsequent to scrap! This makes many people reluctant to spend money on it... I hope there will be a better environment in the future, so that we can enjoy the happiness brought by rV! If you like it, I will share it with you! : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom