About Badlands Off road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet ride

qI71qg2.gif

Dont be fooled. This group is about as kid friendly as it gets. They even bring puppies . Ask me how I know.....

But you keep tight reins on those yard urchins.

I rarely see them but for the times you let them sit up in the seat and get air, then it's back to the floor boards with em.

20200118_151611.jpg

Now that I am back at my desk and "working", here's a quick review of the sections of the badlands park I got to experience:

First of all, most of the terrain is well maintained and is set up for the soft cruisers like my 98 LX. With just 33" KO2, a set of sliders you can do a lot of the trails. My rear locker was absolutely a Godsend for slippery steep climbs and off camber stuff, but most of those have a bypass so you can still have fun!
They sandy areas are huge! You can pretty much spent a whole day at the sandy bits. Even though it rained almost non-stop the whole day the sand areas didn't get flooded or too squishy. There are a few dunes and deep ditches and prepped up areas to have silly fun.

The tree covered/muddy areas were fairly accessible to my fat truck as well. There were definitely some areas where trail was a bit narrow and the bushes added a few pinstripes. The muddy areas were of two types, the ones on the higher ground areas were fairly full of water but all passable with my truck. I didn't venture into the lower area as it was mostly flooded. We did see a Jeep XJ on 4" lift and 37" mud tires, go in that area and get immediately stuck in about a 4 feet deep under water ditch!

There is a small river with well-prepped bed that was easily passable and was fun to splash about in. It lead to a couple of large size corrugated pipes that you can "climb" into - overall worth spending some time at.

There is also a rock crawling area that we didn't visit (who am I kidding!) and MX/narrow ATV tracks.

Finally, they have clean rest rooms and an air up station.

1579625029081.png

1579625701622.png

1579627126699.png

If you ever want to experience one of those mud holes just let me lead, I can be in the damn parking lot and somehow end up in one of those within 5mins. ****ing orange trail!!

Good trip report, for some the hardest trail there is the 200ft before the main gate and after pulling out of the campground.

Glad you had fun.

Nice write up! It's like I was there experiencing it all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom