A/T P warning light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sunset South Carolina, Tamassee, South Carolina
The AT/P warning light is now staying on in my 80., only while engine is running with the tranny in PARK This indicator lets you know that the tranny ins not engaged in PARK. I'm hoping it's just an indicator switch but suspect it may be the parking pawl within the tranny. Anyone have any prior experience with this situation? All input is welcome.

Thanks,

Jim

That indicator has to do with the transfer case. It comes on when it is in neutral. Shift to 4WL then all the back to 4WH. That might solve your problem.

wb1948 said:
That indicator has to do with the transfer case. It comes on when it is in neutral. Shift to 4WL then all the back to 4WH. That might solve your problem.

Ditto here, I got the same warning light when I left the transfer case in neutral. I shifted to 4L then back to 4H and the light went away.

Biff said:
Ditto here, I got the same warning light when I left the transfer case in neutral. I shifted to 4L then back to 4H and the light went away.

I tried that this morning with no luck. Just looked at the owners manual and it said to shift the TC out of neutral. I'll check my shop manual shortly and see if they have a solution.

Jim

Thread resurrection!

This happened to me today. MUD to the rescue! 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom