A little situation with armrest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I ran into a bit of a situation with something I assumed was going to be relatively simple. I got a replacement armrest at a junkyard to replace my cracked one. I took off the armrest then heard something fall into the seat internals after I took the armrest off. I assume it was the nut on the backend, though I figured toyota would have used a fixed nut. So my question is, how do i pop off the plastic trim on the back of the seat to get that nut back? I'm hoping they just pop off, but wanted to be sure before I tore something up. I did check other threads, but I was unable to find anything specific to the seat trim. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

There are two beefy plastic tabs which slip over a metal bar to hold the big plastic trim piece on the back of the seat in place. When you pry them loose, do so in an area where you can track and find projectiles, as they often go flying (at least mine do).

They do just pry loose with some effort.

There are two beefy plastic tabs which slip over a metal bar to hold the big plastic trim piece on the back of the seat in place. When you pry them loose, do so in an area where you can track and find projectiles, as they often go flying.

They do just pry loose with some effort.
Thanks for the reply. Are the two tabs on the top or sides?

On zee top

Well....I got it off, but broke the damn tabs lol. I tried to be gentle too. Guess I'll try to super glue them back and cross my fingers that it works. Thanks man.

The tabs aren't super expensive from your local dealership. Unless the plastic is not smooth along the line where they broke, they'll probably break again when you remove the seatback piece again; they may not withstand reinstallation either.

Just a heads up because been there, done that!

The tabs aren't super expensive from your local dealership. Unless the plastic is not smooth along the line where they broke, they'll probably break again when you remove the seatback piece again; they may not withstand reinstallation either.

Just a heads up because been there, done that!
Nice. That was actually a decent design to make those clips separate pieces from the panel itself. I'll just check around for the part number and order a couple. Thanks again man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom