A few weird [half solved] electrical issues on my new 75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. so, I got my second 75 troopy this week (addiction worsening). Whilst this is a more conventional 2h motor (not a swapped 12ht), there still seems to be some funky stuff going on!

1, Tacho doesn't work. I'm assuming something to do with fusible link. Haven't taken dash out yet. Anyone know where this hooks up to (apparently ignition coil - but where's that?!)

2. Radio intermittently works. Will work for a bit, then if I put any load on the cigarette lighter (Even 1 amp) it will stop. I'm assuming the fusible link? If I ground to chassis and run from accessory I can get constant 12v to accessories (clock, cig lighter, radio and speakers). I just put them on a switch.

3. Can't get rear fuel tank to engage. Don't know why. Thinking its the fuel solenoid return fuels running to the solenoid but judging by the picture below, do you think its shot? There's two electrical connectors attached to nothing. Fixable?

4. Finally, just curious what the heck this is? The selector for the transfer case?

fuelsolenoid.jpg

fusible.jpg

whatisthis.jpg

3rd pic Speedo cable. The tachometer works from the bell housing and its a magnet
wires are normally stuffed

Check the fuses as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom