Replacement Toyota Electrical Connectors, Where can I get them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just noticed a melted connector for my #2 oxygen sensor now that I'm working on the exhaust for my build. The connector is from my 1999 4Runner donor engine. I actually need both sides of the connector but I have a feeling I'll have to buy a new sensor to get that side. Hopefully not. I'll get a couple pics up.

IMG_20230905_200423778_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230905_200239194_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230905_200223368_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230905_200248269_HDR.jpg

Found it thanks to @gnob. My connector has #11028 on it. Putting 90984 in front of that number is my part number. Maybe someone can chime in with more info.

Besides the Toyota part, a bunch of complete generic pig tails showed up on a Google search. Looks like a common problem and you can run to an auto parts store in a pinch if you can't wait for the OEM part.

I didn't want to leave a dead end thread.

Oh, I still need to see if I can get the opposite side that's on the O2 sensor. 🤔 Edit; Look like it's 90980-11027

Last edited:
You might try a 'pick your part' type salvage yard, if this type of 02 connector is common on other Toyotas, you can find tons of Camry, Avalon, Corolla in these yards, snip off a pig tail or buy the whole sensor to cut at home. I often browse through these yards to pick up dash switches, various dash pieces, hardware, etc...

Take a look at Ballenger Motorsports Sumitomo collection for exterior rated connectors and Yazaki for interior rated connectors. With a few exceptions, those are Toyota's vendors. The Wiring Harness Repair Manual in the 80 section of the Resources forum will have all the mating pairs and required terminals for each. Do not buy the terminal repair wires listed in the manual; they aren't what you want. They were designed for the dealer shops. Ballenger has most of the connector housings, some sold in sets with terminals and seals. If you don't find what you need, call or email them. Their staff is very helpful and they can get a lot of what there is; they don't list everything because they only stock what they can sell.

You will not find a source for a new O2 sensor side connector; they are only supplied with the sensor. As stated above, you can find them in a salvage yard. Every Toyota has them. You just need to find the right one, but there a loads of Toyota pickups in yards...unlike Land Cruisers :(

HTH

Take a look at Ballenger Motorsports Sumitomo collection for exterior rated connectors and Yazaki for interior rated connectors. With a few exceptions, those are Toyota's vendors. The Wiring Harness Repair Manual in the 80 section of the Resources forum will have all the mating pairs and required terminals for each. Do not buy the terminal repair wires listed in the manual; they aren't what you want. They were designed for the dealer shops. Ballenger has most of the connector housings, some sold in sets with terminals and seals. If you don't find what you need, call or email them. Their staff is very helpful and they can get a lot of what there is; they don't list everything because they only stock what they can sell.

You will not find a source for a new O2 sensor side connector; they are only supplied with the sensor. As stated above, you can find them in a salvage yard. Every Toyota has them. You just need to find the right one, but there a loads of Toyota pickups in yards...unlike Land Cruisers :(

HTH
thanks for this link

I always go to the pick-n-pull for this stuff. I have made cool new harnesses using plugs from different rigs this way when it would have been cost prohibitive to buy new connectors.

I'll second Ballenger Motorsport.

Cheap, quality parts, and fast service even with delivery to Australia.

Plus, there's the option of connector only, connector and terminals, connector and pigtails.

That is the Wire Harness Repair Manual. It's in the 80 series Resources section.

I used Corsa Technic for my front aftermarket LEDs on my bumper.
They have any connector you need. Yours seems to be of the Sumitomo TS 090 Series variety

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom